gameplay gb,gamestation game annouce shutting down

Discussion in 'News and Article Submission' started by seanpr92, Mar 15, 2012.

1. seanpr92

seanpr92 Godlike

[​IMG]

The day of digital downloads may be closer than one may think. Today GAME announced their going out of business sales before closing the doors.
    GAME is the equivalent of GameStop or EB. Gamers can trade in games, for store credit, and purchase second hand titles for a fraction of the retail cost. Most consumers have already realized the problem with this system. Anyone who can do simple math can see why this was bound to happen. When customers are given a small fraction of the price retailers are going to re-list the same item at there is little incentive.
    On top of the money issue, some consumers would say the store is a bit pushy from a marketing standpoint. Anyone familiar with GAME can attest to cashiers having set scripts to relay to each customer before the transaction ends; things like pre orders, protection plans and “free” subscriptions. Never would you hear a simple “thank you, come again” and be on your way.
    Consumers weren’t the only ones unhappy about these stores. Weeks back, speculation began to arrise about Microsoft’s next generation console cutting support for used games. With one major chain down Microsoft may have an easy decision.
    Is this the beginning of the end of discs?

2. Rockman

Rockman Godlike

GameStation is closing its doors? Wow, that's a shame.

Still CeX will be on its feet, I suppose, though CeX doesn't offer to sell retro games like Sega Mega Drive from years ago, so yeah... Buying online is the way to go!

Blu-ray may very well be the last disc-format before it turns out all to cards or digital-only.

Edit: With all the unsold games, GameStation, GAME, GamePlay and etc could very well sell them over at Amazon's Marketplace or eBay.

3. Rockman

Rockman Godlike

Going back to this topic, these three stores shut down their retail stores on the streets, so it leaves them as online retailers only now?

4. Michael_T

Michael_T Addict

I keep telling you guys , the new console's will not play used games . :O

5. H4CKS0RZZ

H4CKS0RZZ Resident

That would be fine, go download only BUT the prices are TOO HIGH if XBL and PSN had competitive prices like Steam then console would be a heck lot better

6. Michael_T

Michael_T Addict

There is a rumor about a steam's new console ...

7. H4CKS0RZZ

H4CKS0RZZ Resident

Yeah i have been following the the steam box but didnt gabe dismiss it

8. Rockman

Rockman Godlike

The XBLA 800 MSP are pretty damn good, The Simpsons Arcade Game, Prince of Persia 08 Sequel, Trials HD (800 MSP right?) plus lots of other awesome games.

As for XBLIE, what the hell, there's a lot of them that aren't even worth 80 MSP let alone 220 MSPs.

9. H4CKS0RZZ

H4CKS0RZZ Resident

not really for example on steam they have amazing sales on all the time like the otherday i got burnout paradise for 3.50 you dont see that on xbox?

10. Rockman

Rockman Godlike

Burnout Paradise is total shit to me, the cars sound like crap, the gameplay is awful, and not really that fun even. ALSO, THE FUCKIN' GAME ERASED MY GAMESAVE (I played it on my PS3), which I had pretty much all cars and then got back to the basic again. -.-"

Burnout 3 and the others are way better Burnouts than Burnout Paradise will ever be.

I hate Burnout Paradise and here's a hope EA will go back to the Burnout roots.