I'm lost, Xexloader, NXE2GOD, JTAG.

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by monyo, Jan 11, 2011.

1. monyo

monyo New Member

Howdy!

To start off, I have a Modded 360 (can play burnt discs) I bought it like that. Never went to LIVE. Not banned.

Recently I was finding a way to update my rosters for nba2k11 offline and found out what I need and I succeeded. I bought my 360 with 8955 version I needed USB support so I updated to 12611 kinect.

On my way to updating 2k11 I found out about NXE2GOD (running games on demand) and searched for it, I should have XEXloader so I burnt it and when I tried to run (xex v12) it in my xbox it didn't do anything. So I am kinda lost, I searched some and some said that I need JTAGGED xbox to run it.

My question is how do I have XEXloader running on my xbox so I can install NXE2GOD? Is there anything wrong? and if I need JTAG, how can I jtag my xbox when it is already in 12611?

Thanks!

2. Harcroft

Harcroft Addict

Your 360 cannot be jtagged. The whole jtag mod is basically writing a replacement (modified) operating system to the 360 motherboard's onboard memory (nand). But to run this replacement operating system (freeboot) you need to start from a 7000 series or earlier dashboard, so very early NXE or any blades dashboard.

The details are a lot more complicated than that, and a jtag can do a LOT more than just play games directly off the hdd with no disk required. But the important thing is you would need a 360 with an old dashobard, and some soldering skills (or a qualified modder) to do the work required to "jtag" a console.

I hope that helps!

BigRod989 and monyo like this.
  3. monyo

monyo New Member

Hi, thanks for replying.

Is a modded xbox different from jtagged xbox?

So, if I ever downgrade to 7xxx and jtagged it, is it possible to upgrade to 12611 and still jtagged?

What would you recommend for me to do if you were in my case, cause i really want direct play from HDD.

4. monyo

monyo New Member

anyone? help...

5. Harcroft

Harcroft Addict

You ignored my first post completely, then sent me a pm with the same questions you ignored the answers to the first time. Why would I waste my time telling you the same thing again only so you could ignore it again.

Put simply (as I already said in the FIRST line of my first post) YOUR CONSOLE CAN NOT BE JTAGGED! If you still want a jtag, do some research, use google, for the love of god do research by yourself before expecting other people to do all the work for you.