Angry Birds Trilogy Announced for Xbox 360, PS3 & 3DS

Discussion in 'Gaming Hangout' started by InsaneNutter, Jul 13, 2012.

1. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

[​IMG]

Activision has announced Angry Birds Trilogy. Angry Birds Trilogy is in development at Super Stardust developer Housemarque. The collection contains Angry Birds, Angry Birds Seasons & Angry Birds Rio and will be available for $39.99 on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 and $29.99 on Nintendo 3DS.

Aside from HD graphics, Angry Birds Trilogy will add support for:
    * Microsoft’s Kinect motion controls on Xbox 360.
    * Sony’s PlayStation Move motion controls on PS3.
    * Stereoscopic 3D on the Nintendo 3DS (along with a StreetPass feature).

Rovio Executive Vice President Petri Järvilehto had this to say about Angry Birds Trilogy:

“You can think of the game as the ultimate collector’s edition. There are new cinematics, extras and other entertaining content. In addition all of the existing material has been uprezzed and re-treated for the high-resolution and big screen.

The backgrounds have been animated, we’ve added lighting modes, reactive backgrounds, the list goes on and on. We believe that there are a lot of people on the consoles who appreciate a great casual game play experience. This is a game that resonates across a wide audience on many platforms.

There have been so many fans asking to be able to play the game on their home console with their friends and family, and so far we haven’t been able to offer anything to them. Now we’re finally able to have a great high quality experience on those platforms.

We are working hard to ensure that no matter what platform you choose to play on, you will always get the best possible game play experience.”

According to IGN, Järvilehto wouldn’t comment if the free level packs iOS and Android players received will be included in Angry Birds Trilogy, but added there would now be individual leaderboards for each level.

Source: Video Game Blogger

Hard to justify the $40 price tag if you ask me, especially as every game has always been free on Andorid, and various websites like Facebook. Might be worth "borrowing" to whore a few achievements from... however tbh i dont think i can be bothered.

Attached Files:

2. Rockman

Rockman Godlike

Rovio must be out of their God damn freaking mind to set this "crapology" at such high price.

On Android devices it's FREE dammit!

3. xXTacoGuyXx

xXTacoGuyXx Addict

Microsoft makes the prices remember.

4. Rockman

Rockman Godlike

Activision made the prices for Xbox 360, PS3 and 3DS, so, Activision's the one who made the price.

5. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

However on every other platform its a paid product. Only reason its free on Android is because its so full of piracy that they make more money by forcing adverts on people, than if they tried to charge 99 cents and everyone pirated. Just because Androids App eco-system is broken, doesnt mean it has to be free everywhere else.

Also all the free versions on Facebook and other places are basically demos, they dont come with all the levels that the mobile apps had. (unless thats changed recently?)

However I do have to agree, $40 is a bit steep, and there sales will hurt for this. I'd put it as more of an Arcade Game at around the $10-$20 value.

6. MasterChief

MasterChief Addict

I see a problem with this, the game gets new levels free every couple of months, on Xbox this will probably be DLC for 400 points a pop, going by the retail price anyway.

Bargain bin purchase I think this will be, would be nice to have on the Xbox, shame about the pricing.

7. Rockman

Rockman Godlike

The maximum I would pay for any of Angry Birds would be 80 MSP but even so it's still too much for a game based off of an online free flash game (Crush the Castle).

8. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

I honestly wouldn't pay anything more than 10 dollars for this. Different levels? Big deal, it's the same basis, you fling a bird. I honestly don't even know how something this simple got to be so big. It's a nice little game but not something I could stand to play for more than 10 minutes at a time.

9. Trebor

Trebor Dolphin Fan

I've got all the games on my iPhone already. I sometimes play the one on FB when I'm bored. Seeing as I haven't finished all the levels for the Angry Birds seasons game they released (the update, about a month a go) I think I'm tiring of it. Nothing about this game for the 360 appeals to me, let alone the price! Rovio seems to be after more money. None of which they'll get from me. I'd only buy it for the achievements and seeing as I'm not bothered about my 360 score, yeah you can see what I'm getting at.

10. Rockman

Rockman Godlike

Well, if they release a trial version of Angry Birds for Xbox I'll be happy to download it.

Maybe all this hate due to the extreme overprice should go towards Activision not Rovio, since Activision is know to sell crap for too much.