Are you an organ donor?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Nimrod, Mar 20, 2010.

?

Are you an organ donor?

1. Yes

27.3%
  2. No, but I have the intent to sign up just never got round to it.

36.4%
  3. No, and I have no interest to.

36.4%
  1. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

So how many of you are organ donors then? By organ donors I mean people who are registered (however its done in your country) or have a card or something to say you are happy to donate your organs on your death.

If your not, whats your reasoning, (I'm curious)?

Also for further debate, if two people need an organ, and are both the same compatibility, do you believe the organ should go to the person who has been a donator for years, instead of someone who hasnt?

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

I voted "No, but I have the intent to sign up just never got round to it."

Something I have thought about but never really decided either way, i guess i have no use for them either way if i'm not here so I should do at some point.

As for the second question i think it should depend on the circumstances of the two people, for example if one needed a new organ because of the result of something self inflicted, e.g. years of drinking / smoking and the other people needed a new organ through no fault of there own, that person should get priority.

3. KillerWhiteMan

KillerWhiteMan Burnout Racer

Yes I am an organ donor. As for the second question, I tend to agree with InsaneNutter. I think that whoever needs the organ, as a result of some sort of accident (not self-inflicted as InsaneNutter mentioned).

I never really understood why people are not registered to be organ donors. If something were to happen to me, I would want to lend a hand (or kindney ;)) if it would save the life of someone else that was in distress.

4. Superhum4n

Superhum4n Banned

Soo What if you donate your brain to someone, Would they have the same ''Mind'' as yu?

5. Titcher

Titcher Addict

The human brain is not a valid donating organ. A brain has never been successfully removed and re-attached to the same person, never mind a whole different person. The attachment point at the spinal column is amazingly complex and the brain would be long dead before any sort of connection could be accomplished.