Banning Violent Games for Minors

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by KillerWhiteMan, Apr 28, 2010.

1. KillerWhiteMan

KillerWhiteMan Burnout Racer

Here in California, our governor has decided that he is going to challenge gaming and entertainment companies in the United States Supreme Court. He has proposed banning the sale of all "ultra-violent" video games to minors. They would not even be allowed to purchase them with a parent present. Many of the developers are protesting that this law would violate their First Amendment rights to freedom of speech. The same protection that movies have for freedom of speech does not seem to cover video games at this point. Now the Supreme Court will be reveiwing the case later this fall. Governor Schwarzenegger feels that the state has a right to protect the children and their well being.

Personally I think that the case will get thrown out by the Supreme Court. What do you guys think will happen, and how do you feel about minors being allowed to purchase these mature games intended for older crowds?

2. P.KID

P.KID Addict

seriously they should ban the lil kids. i mean come on each time im on xbx live i hear a lil squeaky voice on a mature game sayin ur a noob. i mean come on... :/

3. xzKinGzxBuRnzx

xzKinGzxBuRnzx The Feature Man

Doesn't sound bad at all.

I'm tired of playing games like MW2 with little kids when the games rated "M" for mature audiences only. (18+)

They seriously must of got a parent to purchase it.

4. Andami

Andami Addict

While most children are whiny little brats who don't deserve the games they have, this is still a terrible law. The rating system is only for suggesting what age group the game is suitable for. It should not be a restriction. I play violent games, and I'm underage, but I'm also more mature than most adults.

Saying that little kids are annoying is not a valid argument. Many adults are as immature, sometimes more so, than the kids they complain about. Btw, if you want to ignore whiny kids either don't use a mic, or join a party.