Can i share Xbox One content / demos on the internet?

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by InsaneNutter, Jun 4, 2014.

1. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Now it is possible to Copy and Extract content from an Xbox One USB Formatted Drive on a Windows PC myself and KingBurns wondered if it would be possible to share content such as Demos over the internet like is possible on the Xbox 360, so we tested the theory out.

1. KingBurns downloaded a demo from the Xbox One market place which had never been downloaded on my console before.
    2. He then extracted the demo as explained in the tutorial linked to above
    3. I then downloaded a copy of the demo from him and copied it on to a USB hard drive which has been configured to work on my Xbox One

That's sadly where the good news ends, i can see the demo on the USB drive when it's connected to my console

demo1.jpg

I can try launch the demo

demo2.jpg

If im connected to Xbox Live the console will check i have a licence to play the demo (its not possible to play the demo offline either)

demo3.jpg

As i don't i'm basically told that i need to download the demo from the Xbox Store using my profile to obtain a licence to play the demo.

To conclude Xbox One Demos have DRM, so unfortunately we will not be able to share exclusive demos with each other like we can do on the Xbox 360.