easycap quailty :P

Discussion in 'Computer and Technology Discussion' started by H4CKS0RZZ, Dec 24, 2011.

1. H4CKS0RZZ

H4CKS0RZZ Resident

hi all,

been playing around with my easycap and powerdirector and i have managed to squeeze some pretty damn good quality out of it

so let me know what you think and can you not compare to to an hd pvr compare it to something like a bag of potatos or somthing that is worth around 5 pounds.

so heres the ling >>----knee---> IM WELL GOOD DRIVER INIT 2 - black bars - YouTube H4CKS0RZZ

2. H4CKS0RZZ

H4CKS0RZZ Resident

sorry forgot to mention all those video glitches are youtube i think i encoded it wrong but it plays fine on my laptop

3. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

For a fiver you really can not go wrong, not bad quality at all considering the money spent. The colours look a bit off on my screen however for a capture card that cost £5 the results are not bad at all (Y)

Just curious why you have up-scaled the video to 1080p? kind of a waste of time encoding since the 320p video looks the same as the 1080p version.

4. H4CKS0RZZ

H4CKS0RZZ Resident

oh i didnt do that on pourpose powerdirector did and about the colours being off if you look at my other vid IM WELL GOOD DRIVER INIT - YouTube it is the original video without fixes or cropping and what cap card do you have? and if you dont have one would you get one of these?

also can you white list me or the word easy cap because i keep getting the screen where i have to enter a captcha

thanks

5. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

The colours look normal on your original and you have not cropped the edge of the left and right sides off on that, im guessing you could experiment and end up with even better results.

I don't have a capture card myself, I have been thinking about getting one though. For a fiver I would get one of those if it worked ok on Windows 7 64bit. People appear to have mixed results with it from what i've read on Google.

6. H4CKS0RZZ

H4CKS0RZZ Resident

yeah it works on win 7 64bit thats what i use. and the one i own is a fake one (sort of) but it is cheaper than the others and my "real" died on me in 3 days this is about 4 months old and still going strong but the audio chip gets mega hot after an hour or so tho so unplug it. anyways if you are concidering getting one i would be more than happy to help.

i bought mine from here EasyCAP USB 2.0 Video and Audio Capture Card: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

and my drivers i can remember but i still have the folder with all the drivers from xp to 7 64 and 32

:)

7. H4CKS0RZZ

H4CKS0RZZ Resident

oh and software powerdirector 9