Firefox Issues

Discussion in 'Computer and Technology Discussion' started by Dark Scyth, May 20, 2010.

1. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

I am having some issues with Firefox. I'm not exactly sure how to fix it. The page will not load a few things correctly and won't load some pages past the beginning. This issue isn't just with firefox. It happens in IE8 and Opera too, so i'm wondering if its a problem with my laptop. I have uninstalled Flash Player and Firefox and reinstalled them, same thing happens. The picture is supposed to have a yellowish background and the pictures should of showed up. Its definitely not the website as it works fine on other computers.

(No I haven't tried to use Chrome, to me I think Chrome sucks. To the people who obsess with Chrome I don't have time to hear you whine and say its amazing)

Attached Files:

2. BonezOz

BonezOz Addict

Sydney, Australia, the greatest city in the World
    Have you completely cleared the browsers cache?

Second, if the above is yes, are you sure the website isn't having issues?

Third, you're not trying to apply a 3rd party CSS layer to the site are you? I know some sites I've been too allow you to call CSS layers from your local PC.

3. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

Yes I've completely cleared my cache. I am also absolutely sure its not the site having issues as I've used another computer and it works just fine but this one has been screwed for almost 2 days. I'm definitely not trying to apply a 3rd party CSS layer. I have no idea what it could be as its multiple browsers that screw up and when using another PC its totally fine.

4. Andami

Andami Addict

Have you tried an antivirus scan? I had a virus a while back that completely screwed up my web browsers, so I used SAS to scan and sure enough there was a malware file somewhere in my PC.

5. BonezOz

BonezOz Addict

Sydney, Australia, the greatest city in the World
    I've been thinking along a similar line.

What anti-virus program are you running?

If you're running some weird AV program I'd disable it, clear your browsing cache and history, and then try and load up the website.

6. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

I'm using Microsoft Security Essentials. I did a virus scan but after it scanned a million files and found nothing I gave up. I guess I could try to disable it and then re-clear cache.

AWESOME UPDATE: My laptop cable has yet again broken. That is all.

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  7. Titcher

Titcher Addict

To me this definitely sounds like a virus, try loading up these website in Safe Mode with Networking. Press F8 while your laptop is booting to get to that. If the problem doesn't occur in safe mode, it's a worm.

8. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

It probably is a virus, I downloaded Spybot Search and Destroy it found a couple trojans, which is rather odd because I only go to 3 different websites (digiex, facebook, xbox). I also don't usually browse the internet, I couldn't remove them though because the power cable broke. I contacted the seller and now their sending me 2 replacement cables.