Game title update issues.

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by Asher Rasco, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Asher Rasco

Asher Rasco Member

So far I've only tried this with one game lfd. I have my banned console and a legit one. The legit one has the latest update for lfd (which is nowhere to be found online. I know this because the update #5 deemed to be the final update ends with 000181 as to where the one i just snatched from the legit drive ends with 0001O1)

So I took the latest update from the cache folder of the legit hdd and placed it in my cache folder of my non-legit hdd for my banned console. Now previously i would get (your game versions do not match) which is understandable. Now I only get the "You can't join this game" message from both consoles. (system link.) So I know it's the latest one. Hell i'll even upload it if i can confirm it working.

Also to avoid any conflicts I took a usb drive and made it an xbox format then place only the 0001O1 update into its cache folder. Then created a profile with only the usb plugged in still getting the same message though. I've even confirmed the file legit and non corrupt using the x360tool.

Does anybody know if maybe there is a secondary or support file that i am missing? Just in case i copied all of the files with similar starting values from my legit drive and also placed them on the non legit one. Any idea what i may be missing guys? :'(

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

If you have a legit copy of the game and a downloaded copy the chances are the games could have a different media id, so you would need a different title update for each game.

Have a look here and check the Media Id of your title update here using the program in the first post: https://digiex.net/downloads/downlo.../title-updates/7543-title-update-checker.html

You need to extract the .xex of your copied game from the ISO, you can use Wx 360 to do this: https://digiex.net/downloads/downlo...0-download-extract-content-xbox-360-isos.html

Then run it though XEX Tool 6 and get the media ID like this: https://digiex.net/attachments/down...4d1292704872-title-update-checker-xextool.png

Asher Rasco likes this.
  3. Asher Rasco

Asher Rasco Member

I honestly didn't expect such a quick and thorough answer. It sounds legit too. I'm going to jump on this right away. Also Once i do and Once i want to upload title update #7 on the server should I just post it in the title updates or do i need to forward it to a moderator so they could?

4. Rick

Rick Moderator

post in title updates(check to see if the update doesn't exist) then click on manage attachments then upload the update in .zip or .rar format

Asher Rasco likes this.
  5. Asher Rasco

Asher Rasco Member

Thanks rick I appreciate it. also...

Another one you might have experienced. I figured it would be a lot easier for the lot of it if i just re-copy and re-burn the legit original disk. I tried to recopying my backup (we'll just say my friend is borrowing that original.) And unfortunately it got a read error from being scratched. So I can't get the original iso for the backup to hex edit it.

Any idea if the two disks having the same media code would conflict when trying to play? I would assume yes; However there are a lot of people on live using the same media coded game from a megaupload download who I believe can play from their modded consoles together. So ideologically maybe one could?

6. Asher Rasco

Asher Rasco Member

ok so check this out. I got my Backup to successfully copy after buffing out the scratch and took the default.xex from it. After saving that file I also used the fluffie program to grab the default.xexp from the left 4 dead tu update #7 and renamed it defaulttu.xex for the time being. I used the hex viewer aka xex tool 6 and according to it's presented data they both seem to have identical media keys. I find this should be impossible as i have not changed any hexes or values to match and this updated came from xbox live to a legit console and legit game copy. I did however notice that the encyrypted key is different. There's a report of it below and the particular areas of interest are in bold.

Here's the real stinger of a question. Mostly These hexes are the same and i was wondering Is the next step in the process simply changing hexes or would it be just the same to wipe out the default.xexp from the title update then replace it with the default.xex (Obviously renaming it with the "P" the end) from the backup copy? Edit: the answer is no. When trying to copy the default.xex and naming it default.xexp then replacing that into the tu file The drive actually froze and fails to inject the tu file.

Also another thing i noticed in the xex editor ---- "Note: As of around November 2010 it seems that games are storing their updates
    on the internal hdd in the folder 'Content\0000000000000000\xxxxxxxx\000B0000\'."

I certainely hope it's not that easy I'll be trying that too haha. according to the read me I can use xex to make the patch viable. I'll try that too.

---------------------------------------
    the xex from the game back up disc.

C:\xex>xextool.exe -l default.xex

XexTool v6.0 - xorloser 2006-2010
    Reading and parsing input xex file...

Basefile Info
    Original PE Name: default.exe
    Load Address: 82000000
    Entry Point: 82011508
    Image Size: 90000
    Page Size: 10000
    Checksum: 00014DDC
    Filetime: 48EA7D00 - Mon Oct 06 14:02:56 2008
    Stack Size: 40000
    Workspace Size: A0000

Regions
    All Regions

Allowed Media
    DVD-XGD2 (Xbox360 Original Disc)

Media Id
    C5 E4 FE 85 33 5C 72 0B D7 1C 8D AA 45 6C 02 58

Encryption Key
    9F 61 FB 67 58 A3 F8 71 05 8B 8D A4 E6 1A 83 06

LAN Key
    2B 18 39 60 18 09 FB DA C6 1B 78 80 45 F7 0A 95

Execution Id
    Media Id: 456C0258
    Title Id: 45410830 (EA-2096)
    Savegame Id: 00000000
    Version: v0.0.0.1
    Base Version: v0.0.0.1
    Platform: 0
    Executable Type: 0
    Disc Number: 1
    ------------------------------------
    The xex from the title update.

C:\xex>xextool.exe -l defaulttu.xex
    XexTool v6.0 - xorloser 2006-2010
    Reading and parsing input xex file...
    Basefile Info
    Unknown basefile type

Regions
    All Regions

Allowed Media
    Updated DVD-XGD2 (Updated version of Xbox360 Original Disc)

Media Id
    C5 E4 FE 85 33 5C 72 0B D7 1C 8D AA 45 6C 02 58

Encryption Key
    C9 26 BC 6A D7 3A 7D 4F 67 1C 57 D3 77 BA 0C A1

Notice there is not a lan key?

C:\xex>

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  7. Asher Rasco

Asher Rasco Member

....No freakin way.... ALright so I tried every single thing under the sun From hex manipulation to recopies reburns and dancing around a fire with my staff of a thousand souls for like 10 hours straight.
    Guess what the problem was? system link didn't like that I was bridging my connection from my laptop to the xbox and was denying the connection. Now don't get me wrong. The
    Xbox will bridge fine online. I guess it's just system link where it becomes a chump. Man I'm so glad i got that all worked out. I'm going to slam my head into my pillow as hard as i can. Thanks guys.

8. Michael_T

Michael_T Addict

You could try to play a game without any title updates . If both consoles connect without any TU's , then your good to go.
    That's how i check if they are both the same media id .

9. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Glad you got it working in the end, its always something simple that will cause you the biggest problems!

As for the Media ID - usually different regional copies of the game will have a different Media ID, however all copies sold in the same region will have the same ID, its not unique to every copy of the game.

For example the PAL version of Mafia 2 has a different Media ID to the NTSC version, the games are identical, the NTSC version is just region free where as the PAL version is region locked to PAL. So a title update from the NTSC version would not work on the PAL version.

You can see the Media ID's for verified games on ABGX: abgx360 - Verified

Asher Rasco likes this.
  10. Asher Rasco

Asher Rasco Member

OH yeah for sure I don't have any pal region games thankfully. They won't work on my ntsc television. I wish that problem wouldn't have been so damn specific otherwise i'd be more of a help to everyone looking for system link answers. Oh well. Thanks guys. I like these forums so i'll be around and try to help out. late