Getting Banned From Booting into NXE in RHG Mode (DemoN Chip)

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by BlockABoots, Mar 16, 2013.

1. BlockABoots

BlockABoots Elite Member

I have sold my old modded Xbox 360 with Cygnos360 dual nand chip in last year, i have recently got another 360 that now has the DemoN daul nand Chip in. Because of the location of the old Cygnos360 chip which was on the side vent of the 360, i have the 360 standing up so was at the top of the 360, and so was very easy to see if the Cygnos chip was on as you could see the bright blue led light with easy, but with the DemoN chip the location of the PCB to turn the chip on and off is at the rear of the console and the LED doesnt appear to be as bright as the Cygnos so you can not easily tell if the DemoN chip is on or not, defiantly not as easy as with the Cygnos.

What i am afraid of is if i have had the DemoN chip on from a previous playing session, have removed my USB harddrive which has all the FreeStyle Dash & DashLaunch file on (as its not a good idea to store these files on your internal 360 harddrive) but forgot to turn the DemoN of, come back to have another gaming session havent noticed that the DemoN chip is still on and booted the Xbox, now obviously it wont boot into FSD as this is on the USB drive which i have removed so the xbox will boot into NXE, now if your paying attention you might notice but lets be honest you hardly ever pay attention when power on the 360. So what would happen in this case would you get an instant ban as you have booted up the console into NXE with a network connection and the DemoN chip on, or do you actually have to load a game disc (retail or backup) and actually start playing Multiplayer for you to probably get banned?

I know that DashLaunch has the 'LiveBlock' setting but if your DashLaunch files namely Launch.ini is on the USB drive and not attached to the 360 at the time then DashLaunch isnt going to be working right?

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

You have to actually sign in to Xbox Live to get banned (or try to), so unless your profile is set to auto sign in you should be ok. I personally would not risk it however, maybe have your launch.ini on a 360 formatted memory unit or something? i believe Dashlaunch will look for it there.

Some people have used an already banned keyvault for there RGH nand, so even if they do sign in to live that keyvant is banned anyway, so there's no risk of the keyvault from there legit non hacked nand been banned. That sounds like what you need to do, or just block the 360 from accessing the net by setting the DNS servers to an IP address on your local network.

Either would work.

3. BlockABoots

BlockABoots Elite Member

Thanks for the info,

Yeah but the login screen for the DemoN nand looks the same as the retail nand login doesnt it, so theres a chance i still could not notice if i didnt see the blue light from the back of the 360, which in day light you cant see it at all really.

Im liking your 2nd option better as it sound easier. But if i set the DNS servers to an IP address on my local network wont that block me from getting on live when im using my retail NAND as well though?, also do i change the DNS server on the 360 side of things or PC?

4. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

You change it on the 360 under the network system settings:

In this screenshot the 360 has a proper IP on my network, all the devices have 192.168.1.x where x is the unique IP on the network, however the DNS / Default Gateway are 192.168.8.8, this does not exist and never will so the 360 will never be able to talk to any server on the internet.

Jtag Live Block.jpg

If you do this FSD will also not be able to use any of its internet enabled features such as Link, the weather or the cover downloader.

It will not affect your retail settings as that's on a totally different nand.