Google and their undiscovered fortune

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Popcorn, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Popcorn

Popcorn Active Member

Hello Android users,

Have you ever thought I don't want to leave my credit card information with these people. Well how do you get apps, 62p/$0.99 for an app with a company you may not want to give your bank details to could drive you crazy. Or maybe your sceptical about on-line shopping all together. Well I have the answer. Maybe you have seen Facebook's attempt at revenue in the shop, those little gift cards you can use to by digital food for your pet(buy a real dog). Well I was wondering how about Google do something like that, a pre-paid card that you can top up and buy apps all you like.

Me personally I think that this is a great idea. Google would be foolish not to run with this idea. You can already do it with iTunes(Tm registered trademark do not copy we will sue). Google should really pick this idea up, I know for a fact that I would definitely get one and buy apps. I am also sure that a lot of other people would also do the same.

This could also be a really good way to go for Google/Android to go with their console coming out soon. Ask InsaneNutter about their console he introduced it to me(Or maybe their is a thread on here). You could buy the game you wanted to and not have to worry about your card details etc.

This quick response was due to the general good comments from my earlier post on the XBOX Controller and Windows 8

Thanks for reading

Popcorn

If you have any other comments or suggestions please don't hesitate to either join this forum or leave a reply

InsaneNutter and omnirok like this.
  2. Popcorn

Popcorn Active Member

Further to my thought on unbeknown to me they have already discontinued this LOL( the importance of research people)

Google Prepaid Cards
    Google Prepaid Card

Since we recently launched the ability to use any debit or credit card in Google Wallet, we’re discontinuing the Google Prepaid Card. We encourage you to use your Google Wallet to spend the funds on your Google Prepaid Card before October 17, 2012. Don’t worry though -- if you’re unable to spend all of your funds, you’ll have several options to request a refund from Money Network--the service of the Google Prepaid Card. The only change you’ll notice is the elimination of the Google Prepaid Card from your Google Wallet. More information about requesting a refund will be posted on

Note: On September 17, 2012, you’ll no longer be able to add funds to your Google Prepaid Card or add a new Google Prepaid Card to a new device. Please be aware that resetting the Wallet app after this date will remove the Google Prepaid Card and you will not be able to re-add the card.

p.s. I never saw a pre pay card I would definitely have used it though

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  3. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

I figured it would be something Google should actively be pushing, not discontinuing. In all the super markets you can get pre paid cards for iTunes, same with post offices and the smaller petrol stations and corner shops. If you could get one for Google Play i have never seen it in the UK anyway.

Its a great idea as many people will not want to associate a credit card with an account, example parents. Parents can just buy there kid a £10 pre paid card knowing the kid is not going to be able to spend anymore than what is on the card.

omnirok likes this.