Google's Chrome: Now The World's Number 2 Browser

Discussion in 'News and Article Submission' started by Deleted member 14461, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Google must be very proud nowadays and happily celebrating after doing the feat of sealing a deal on its browser ranking.Google's Chrome has, for the first time ever, managed to overtake Firefox to grab the second place for the most used and popular internet browser worldwide. According to a report by Web analytics company Statcounter, Chrome now holds a 25.7% browser market share globally.As for who's on the first place, well, that spot still belongs to Microsoft Internet Explorer which has a huge 40.6% market share worldwide. Firefox is now on third place with 25.2% market share.Meanwhile, browsers Safari from Apple and Opera continue to trail behind the top three.If Chrome remains steady with its upward climb and both Internet Explorer and Firefox continue to dip down on consumers usage and popularity, then it's just a matter of time before Google's Chrome declares itself as the world's number one browser in existence.Just like the smartphones wars, the browser wars is just heating up!

2. Mr.NightmareTM

Mr.NightmareTM Addict

Eww Google Chrome? *Cough *Cringe

Firefox >:P

3. GILLY

GILLY Elite Member

About time, used it since beta & apart from the speed the one feature that has kept me from switching to anything else is Google Sync.

Now Chrome just needs to tackle IE :)

4. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

+1 for Google Sync, i must use 3-4 devices on a regular basis so its nice to have all my settings and bookmarks synced over.

At the time i also liked how the address bar was also the search bar, i think all browsers do that now though.

5. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

I feel sorry for all the IE users out there that just don't know any better. Google Sync would sounds ok if I used more than one device. :P What I don't get is everyone saying that Google Chrome is so amazingly fast, whenever I used it it bloated my PC and was sorta slow, Firefox was honestly faster for me.

6. Andami

Andami Addict

I used to use FireFox, but it hasn't been kind to me lately. Those poor, poor IE users.

7. Rockman

Rockman Godlike

Firefox > Chrome > IE

IE's the big number one because it's on every Windows PC automatically, home, offices, public or w/e.

IE8/9 aren't that bad, it's better than PS3's browser. :P

8. xzKinGzxBuRnzx

xzKinGzxBuRnzx The Feature Man

I heard Chrome is the best ;) certainly is the fastest. ;) ;) FEATURES!

9. xXTacoGuyXx

xXTacoGuyXx Addict

Chrome works better for me than any other browser. Can't believe i used IE until recently. :O