Got my new RGH system a few questions.

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by BlockABoots, Jun 1, 2012.

1. BlockABoots

BlockABoots Elite Member

Have just got my new RHG console and have a few questions about some aspects.

1. Atm the console boots into FSD, how to i change it so it boots into NXE?
    2. How to a change it so when i exit a game (Home button, then Y)?
    3. If i used Exiso to extract my ISO files, where do i need to place each game folder on my USB device so the game shows up in the 'Games' tab in FSD
    4. I have noticed that in FSD there are applications that require the 360 to have an internet connect (updating FSD, game covers, weather etc), but i thought it was a bad idea to have the 360 connected up to the internet when in RGH mode, or do you just not want it to connect to Xbox Live when in RGH.
    5. If you unlock an XBLA trail game so it becomes a full game can this be played when not in RHG mode?
    6. Is it safe to add shortcuts if using NXE, and does using shortcuts right information to the logged in profile that it shouldn't every time you run a shortcut (ie is it classed a running homebrew)
    7. How do you add shortcuts?

I think thats it for the moment, any help is much appreciated

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

1 & 2. There is a file called launch.ini on the root of your hard drive, copy this to your PC and edit the options for what happens when the console boots and exits a game. Then simply copy it back and overwrite it. You can just delete the entries for when the console boots / quits a game and it will default to the MS dash.

3. Create a folder called "Games" then just define that path in FSD.

4. Personally i dont think its the best idea... however in the newest Dashlaunch you can block the console from connecting to Xbox Live.

5. No it will be corrupt.

6. Shortcuts are not classed as homebrew (unless ofcourse you have created a shortcut to a homebrew app) i tested this here: https://digiex.net/guides-reviews/c...jtagged-rgh-hacked-xbox-360-staying-safe.html

7. Use QuickBoot, i have uploaded it here for you: https://digiex.net/downloads/downlo...board-shortcuts-xex-apps-games.html#post58604

BlockABoots likes this.
  3. BlockABoots

BlockABoots Elite Member

Thanks nutter, thats been a great help. Im sure ill have more questions at some point :D

Regarding updating Dashlaunch, is it just a case of overwrite the files on my USB stick?

Is there away to setup either NXE or FSD so that when in RGH mode all saves etc are saved to external driver or stick and when in no RGH mode (Live) all saves etc are saved to the internal offical drive??

4. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Your launch.ini will probably be in the root of the hard drive, so copy it off, edit it then copy it back.

I can post my .ini for you if you like, it does basically what you want and will load FSD if you power on the console and hold B when the boot animation is playing.

With regards to saves nope, however if you have more than one storage device for any game that doesn't save to your profile it will ask you where to save. I personally have a 16gb usb stick with my live profile and all my saves on. As i own multiple consoles and often use friends 360's its easy to continue playing no matter what 360 i'm on doing it that way.

5. BlockABoots

BlockABoots Elite Member

Yeah if you could post ure .ini file that would be great!

6. slimwadey

slimwadey Addict

I have a Jtag Xbox that is connected to the internet, but on NXE side i have disabled the Xbox live connections. it will never connect to live
    Its very handy having it connected to FSD and JQE for updates, saves lots of hassle updating, but then again i never use my Jtag online as i have a regular Xbox for that
    Slim

7. BlockABoots

BlockABoots Elite Member

This is my current launch.ini file that came with my console....

[QuickLaunchButtons]
    Default = usb:\Applications\Freestyle 2\default.xex

[Settings]
    nxemini = true
    pingpatch = true
    contpatch = true
    regionspoof = true
    dvdexitdash = true
    xblaexitdash = false
    nosysexit = false
    fatalfreeze = false
    fatalreboot = true
    debugout = false
    livestrong = true
    noupdater = false

I have a launchUSB.ini file which is the same as above but without the last line 'noupdater=false' Havent a clue as to what any of those options mean??

EDIT: have just overwriten my USB stick with the files from the dash_launch 3.01 beta zip file bar the ini files, but now when i load my 360 it loads to the NXE dash and asks me about joining XBL, and ideas??