Hacked on Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Gaming Hangout' started by Trebor, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Trebor

Trebor Dolphin Fan

Don't worry guys and gals. It's not me that's been hacked but rather an editor who works for IGN. Just read an interesting article here: IGN: Hacked on Xbox 360: A Victim's Tale. It bascially goes on about how scarily easy it could be for somebody to hack into your Xbox Live account and has testimonies from Skyllus vBi. I'm sure some of you also know about the guy whos Live account was hacked just for that Halo 3 armor. Anyway it brings up alot of interesting points that I'd figure could be useful to some. Let me know what you think.

2. MikkelPixel

MikkelPixel Resident

i read about this very sad :(

3. Trebor

Trebor Dolphin Fan

Wow almost forgot I had posted this. Yes it's very sad but the guy did manage to get everything back and reinstated. The only thing that was different was his Gamertag as he couldn't use his old one again.

4. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

You gotta look out for stuff like this, someone tricked the secret answer to my hotmail account out of me about 5 years ago. Luckily I worked out what he did and managed to change my password, secret answer and question before he could gain access to anyone else.

At the time I was really annoyed with the security hotmail had, you could choose from 4 secret questions which if answered right just let you reset your password, it’s a lot harder to do now much I’m thankful for.

It would be a major pain if someone got access to my email account these days with the amount of stuff I’m signed up to.

5. MikkelPixel

MikkelPixel Resident

pluse your xobxlive account with all your credit cards

6. InsaneNutter

My credit card is never going to be associated with Xbox Live, however if you can get in to my email account you can get access to all the online website I’ve bought stuff on which wouldn’t be good..

7. DyNaMiiXx

DyNaMiiXx Elite Member

Hmm just reading this i think it would be a good idea to use a passcaode on my 360 because if they fine out my hotmail password im fecked, the credit card detail thing i use but i need to ring microsoft to make them delete it from my account which is a pain .

8. InsaneNutter

A passcode would only be extra protection from people who actually have access to your 360, if someone has you email and password they can recover your profile to their console.