How can I install 2008 TV pack on vista Home P Media centre

Discussion in 'Computer and Technology Discussion' started by Aqleem, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Aqleem

Aqleem New Member

I am already using My windows vista home premium media centre. I have Hauppauge Win TV HVR-2200 card installed and both tuner configured and being used at the moment. Now I lernt that if I install 2008 TV pack, I will have better control on my media centre and I can use additional options that comes with it. The question I am facing is that can I install 2008 TV pack on top of configured vista media centre? if not, then how it can be done? *-)

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Yes you can, it’s not recommended as it can break media centre however you shouldn’t have any problems just installing it.

Be warned if it goes wrong you will have to re install Vista, however it should work fine... it did for me when I had Vista.

Aqleem likes this.
  3. Aqleem

Aqleem New Member

Thank you very much. I'll try to do that. Secondly, do you think that after installing 2008 TV pack, I would be able to tune two TV cards with two digital tuner on each card, one for free to air and one for A/V input or set top box?

4. InsaneNutter

You could have one card with 2x DVB-T tuners on and one card with 2 analogue tuners / inputs on, if you wanted anymore you would need to upgrade to Vista Ultimate or Windows 7

In Vista Home Premium you can only have two of each type of tuner, e.g. 2x DVB-T tuners and 2x DVB-S tuners. If you upgrade to Vista Ultimate you can have 4 types of each tuner.

All editions of Media Center in Windows 7 support 4 types of each tuner, hope that helps.

5. Aqleem

Aqleem New Member

You are right. I have to wait for Win 7. Someone from Hauppauge in Australia have tested their 2200 tuner card using Win 7 and found no problem tuning two digital and two analog channels. He used analog channels to tune his set top box and was able to record all four programs. However, he has some problems with the program guide. well, who cares for that?
    :D

6. InsaneNutter

In Media Centre go to Settings > TV > Guide > Edit Channels.

Now click on the channel that has no guide data and select "Edit Listings" on the left menu, find the listings and click save, then save again.

Do the same for any channels that have no guide data and you shouldn’t have any guide problems now.

Aqleem likes this.