How is your launch console?, 3 years later

Discussion in 'Gaming Hangout' started by InsaneNutter, Dec 4, 2008.

1. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

So yesterday marked the 3rd year since the release of the 360 in the UK, meaning your warranty has expired, if you get an RROD it’s now going to cost you about £60 a pop to get it fixed!

How is your launch console doing if you were lucky enough to get one?

Mines been perfect *touch wood* the only complaint I have is that it now sounds like a jumbo jet taking off even when I have no DVD in the drive!

2. MunkyMagikUK

MunkyMagikUK Digiex Blogger

Your lucky InsaneNutter! I'm on my second one (And I didn't have an original launch console!) and mine still sounds like a jumbo jet!

And it crashed 5 times yesterday :S but that might have been due to overheating.

3. Trebor

Trebor Dolphin Fan

Had my Elite console for a year now. No problems so far. As far as I know my old 360 is still going strong (so says my Brother). Glad my desk is wooden right now hehe :D

4. Safinn

Safinn Addict

It's been just over a year now and I think mine is going well... Hopefully I can have it for another year untill it breaks lol...

5. xzKinGzxBuRnzx

xzKinGzxBuRnzx The Feature Man

if you knew what your doing your could just purchase a cheap rrod fix. I think there around $10 or so. There is tutorials all over the net on how to do it. so If you knew how, it would be easier and cheaper.

6. Stealth Geek

Stealth Geek Your Dad

I'm on my 3rd console. My launch console lasted 15 months and started to freeze up all the time, no RRoD though. I sold it and got another console which lasted 4 months before giving me the RRoD. This current one has lasted ever since and hasn't given me any problems. I barely play them anyway, so it's even more ridiculous that I have such problems with them. The 2nd one I had, it had less than 50 hours of use before it died. 8-)

7. Stealth Geek

Stealth Geek Your Dad

:-@ Today my 3rd console started producing green blocky artifacts everywhere, with green vertical lines going from top to bottom in games, but mainly in the dashboard. Gotta love MS and their shoddy consoles.

8. InsaneNutter

Damm your not having any luck :( is it still under warranty?

9. Stealth Geek

Stealth Geek Your Dad

Of course not with my stupid luck. I would have gotten another in-store warranty with this console, but after I took the last one back, they wouldn't let me get another warranty. It's about 5 months out of the year warranty, and it's not giving me any red rings at all. This model won't even display any rings when the A/V cable is unplugged. It hasn't been played in 2 weeks (it gets 3-5 hours per week use on average) and it started this crap after 15 min of playing GTA today. ^o)

[​IMG]

10. InsaneNutter

I would just send it back to MS anyway and say its an intermittent 3 red rings or something like that, I’m sure if they put a game in and test it they will see for them self’s its not exactly a usable console.

All these 360 horror storeys make me worry about my console, it’s gone over 3 years with the only problem been it now sounds like a jumbo jet even with no DVD in it (touch wood). I’ve opened it up, cleaned it out and it still sounds horrible, I guess I could replace the fans in it at some point.

I got an arcade and sold all the accessories so the like the cost of two games I’ve got another 3 year warranty and a silent console with HDMI, not the ideal solution but it means I have an extra console to use for lans or as a media centre extender.

11. Stealth Geek

Stealth Geek Your Dad

My launch console was pretty loud as well. And you should be worried it's gonna die at some point, I think it's inevitable. :( No matter how well maintained they are and how infrequently they're used, they'll all eventually perish. I've had nearly every console ever made, and I've never witnessed anything like the crap the 360 is known for. If I didn't have ~35 or so games for it, I would never touch one again.

I may end up wrapping this one in plastic bags and leaving it on for an hour. :P I'll make sure this pos will be dead on arrival if I try to send it in for repair.

12. Safinn

Safinn Addict

Mine went just before christmas... but trying to get it sorted but i also got a new one.