I need help with the wii softmod??

Discussion in 'Computer and Technology Discussion' started by cardo69, Mar 19, 2009.

1. cardo69

cardo69 Addict

I cant seem to find the thread for the wii softmodding twilight hack, my wife recently purchased a wii, its a 3.1 version, and i still say it was quite a waste of money, but anyway, now i want to soft mod it, coz well, just.... anyway, so i need to know a few things regarding the wii,
    1. Internet connection - How is this done, can this be done with a 3g data/modem card and if so, how? (can i use a USB 2 USB cable to connect it to my laptop and share the internet connection with my modem, much like with xbox??) or does it have to be via a router or wii wireless bluetooth adapter?
    2. Twiilight hack - do i need the Legend of Zelda disk, or do i just have to have a zelda gamesave on the wii because i hired the game and played it, so i have a gamesave but if i need the game im going to have to hire it again?

3. Twiilight hack - What does it actually allow me to do?? what can 1 do 1ce the twiilight hack is installed, does that mean you can load the homebrew channel and homebrew applications, where can this homebrew app's be found?? does it need to be purchased?? i readon some site last nite that with the homebrew app you can watch dvd's play copied games aswell as gamecube games?? is this true, if so how do i get my hands on this??

Also i saw a post last nite (Nimrod) that 1ce your wii is online you can actually add codes and put this games on the net, and also with the codes posted by nimrod, can 1 play the game without the disk 1ce you put this code on your wii???

Please can somebody hekp me with this, i need to get as much usage out of the wii system as i can 2 c if its actually worth the insane amount of money we payed for this machine???

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

1 . The Wii’s internet connection is Wifi, however you can get a USB Ethernet adaptor that would allow you to share the internet from your laptop like you do with your 360. As with the 360 your usb 3g modem will not work when plugged in to the wii.

2. Yes you need the disc.

3. You can run unsigned code on the Wii aka Homebrew applications, this includes emulators for older consoles, games / apps developers have made for the wii and so on. It will also let you play DVD’s on your Wii.

I think your on about friend codes, unlike Xbox Live the Wii has some stupid code system where you get a different friend code for each game you want to play online, your friend has to tell you there code so you can play online with them.

Look through the pages on here: QJ.NET - QuickJump Home - Nintendo Wii News - QJ.NET there’s quite a few homebrew apps with descriptions.

I can’t really help with installing the homebrew channel myself as I’ve never done it, it looks pretty straight forward though if you follow the instructions online :) I think Nimrod installed it / was going to install it so he might be able to assist with the installation side if so.

3. cardo69

cardo69 Addict

Thanks for the info nutter!! Much Appreciated!!