IP Filter for U Torrent

Discussion in 'Computer and Technology Discussion' started by ittiandro, Jan 18, 2012.

1. ittiandro

ittiandro New Member

Hi

I have just run the filter script

The READ ME instructions say

quote Also you will need to allow wget.exe to access the internet in your firewall rules so it can download the filter list.Unquote

1. is the above firewall operation meant to be performed right after running the filter or just when updating?

2. where can I find the wget.exe file in Windows 7? I searched all over. I can't find it! Can you give me the path?

3.My U Torrent works very well by itself, but all the downloads stop when I connect to the VPN client ( PacketiX), even though my IP has changed, as expected. How can I get the downloads running when the VPN is connected?

Thank you

Ittiandro

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

1. If it fails to update allow the .exe in what ever filewall you have (it will work without doing that on windows firewall)

2. If you downloaded from my post here its included: https://digiex.net/guides-reviews/g...-filter-block-list-utorrent-ipfilter-dat.html

3. PacketiX is only any good for web browsing, everything except port 80 is blocked. You can try running uTorrent on port 80 and see if that works. Unless you are in Japan that VPN will also be very slow.

3. ittiandro

ittiandro New Member

Port 80 for U Torrent

Thank you " insane Nutter". I tried to set port 80 for U Torrent after forwarding it in my router.It still shows as not open in the U Torrent test and the download doesn't work, either with or w/out PacketiX . Is there any other port I have to forward with the VPN, as well? The VPN configuration setting shows port 8888 as the VPN port, but I have also come across with Port 443 somewhere else as another port involved in PacketiX.
    I have also set applications rules in my router by indicating a trigger port range 444-24000 to open ports 80 ( or alternatively port 65344 ) for he U Torrent port. It doesn't seem to work!May be I did something wrong here

I'd appreciate your help, if you can

Thanks

Franco