Just Cause 2 mod adds 600 person multiplayer

Discussion in 'News and Article Submission' started by Michael_T, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Michael_T

Michael_T Addict

The new fan made mod for Just Cause 2 enables 600 people to play multiplayer.
    The mod has been tested for 4 hours six weeks ago, the result was amazing as you can see in the video below:

[video=youtube_share;gYoI13P3Gfs]http://youtu.be/gYoI13P3Gfs[/video]

The video features a wide variety of shootouts, crashes, races and mid-air collisions. One part sees multiple agents hitching a ride in the same vehicle.

With a lack of multiplayer content in the original release, the mod has generated huge interest. Its forum alone has gained more than 10,000 registered users since it launched.

What do you guys think ? Is this worth a shot ?

Rockman likes this.
  2. Rockman

Rockman Godlike

Amazing mod!

PC gaming with all these wonderful mods just shows it's the superior gaming system than consoles, yet consoles tend to be far more lucrative.

3. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Damn its reasons like this that make me re think been a console gamer, i reminds me a lot of the Multi Theft Auto mods for Vice City and San Andreas i used to play with my mates on the PC.

I might just have to invest in a proper copy of Just Cause 2, i own, well sort of own the game. I got it as a launch offer on On-Live for £1.

4. Rick

Rick Moderator

Looks good on pc i hate the lack of multiplayer on the xbox 360 version. I rarely see anyone on live playing it though.

5. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

My god that looked amazing, I still cant believe they left Multiplayer out when releasing this game because you could tell from day one it would be awesome. As soon as its next on a Steam sale I'll pick up a copy for PC and give this mod a try! :D

6. Trebor

Trebor Dolphin Fan

There are a number of games where MP would really suit especially if done correctly in sandbox style games like GTA etc. I remember Prototype having MP until they took out it near it's release. Would've been amazing running across NY, blowing things up and using your powers to battle each other etc. I think you can get Just Cause 2 on the cheap now as well :)