Link your Digiex and Facebook Accounts

Discussion in 'News and Article Submission' started by Nimrod, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

[​IMG]

For those of you who are sick of having multiple ID's for different sites, you can now connect your Facebook account and your Digiex account. Once linked, you just need to click the Connect button and your automatically signed into Digiex via your Facebook account.

Also, for new members who don't want to go through the registration process, you can register for Digiex with ease using your Facebook information in the same way, this way your name, age, email address needed to register with are taken straight from your Facebook account making the registrations just two clicks!

We know for some of you, you may not want to link your Facebook account, some people like myself keep Facebook separate from internet sites and so fourth, so the Facebook Connect option is not forced, your welcome to continue to log onto Digiex as you currently do.

Also, Facebook is intergrated into threads and posts, if you like a forum thread you can click Like, and it appears on your Facebook Wall to share with your friends, or if your creating your own thread and your Facebook account is linked, you can publish the story directly to your Facebook wall!

For some of you, this will be a welcomed feature :)

2. AntiNaz

AntiNaz Addict

The Canadian approves of this post. (Y)

How do you remove Facebook Connect though :S

Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  3. xzKinGzxBuRnzx

xzKinGzxBuRnzx The Feature Man

The feature man approves this new feature! A long awaited feature... ;)

4. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

Don't have a clue! ;) All new to me.

5. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Click settings at the top right, then under My Settings on the left menu find Edit Connections which is in the My Account section, or you can click the link below and do it ;)

6. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

I can confirm that does work, though a warning to anyone who joined Digiex via Facebook Connect (Existing members who joined Digiex, then later added facebook this doesn't affect you). If you remove the connection, you will need to have set a password manually in the User Control Panel otherwise you won't be able to sign in, as you were signed in via your Facebook account. If you don't have a password set and you removed the connection, you will have to use the password recovery form and enter the email address that your facebook account used when you registered, to get a new password set on your account. Again, this only affects members who used the Facebook Connect to sign up, and have since removed the connection.

If your removing the connection because you want to close your Digiex account, this method will not close your account, just remove the link between Digiex and Facebook. We don't have an official way to close your account, but if you simple leave it and never sign in to Digiex, it will become inactive and after a year, your details like email will be automatically removed from your profile.