Looking for Something

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Dark Scyth, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

I am looking for a program that is like wx Pirs. It allows you to look at the files in the demo and extract the file but I can't put file back in. Is there a program that would allow me to insert files into a 360 demo? I have an idea that I would like to try but I can't insert files.

2. KillerWhiteMan

KillerWhiteMan Burnout Racer

Do explain this idea of yours.

3. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

Well I looked at the Left 4 Dead demo and I noticed what the map format was. So I looked online and found out they have modded maps in the exact format. So I figured I could take the old maps out and insert new maps. If I gave them the exact name I thought that maybe it would boot up the map thinking it was the original.

If it worked it might only be the beginning of what possibilities can come for game demos.

Update: I doubt it will work. I tried to do something very simple and it wouldn't boot up. I tried to swap out some commands but I broke the signature and it wouldn't boot. I though that the resigner would work but it didn't.
    Update 2: It turns out instead of resigning it the Hash Block Calculator broke the whole signature instead of fixing it.
    Update 3: I used Hash Block Calculator again and only 2 out of 1000's of blocks aren't signed. I also found out that Modio has the ability to overwrite files. Meaning I don't need a program now.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
  4. KillerWhiteMan

KillerWhiteMan Burnout Racer

That's too bad that it wouldn't work. I saw that people have created Racoon City from the first Resident Evil as a map for Left 4 Dead. Too bad there is not a way to get that map on the 360. Valve should have given 360 players a map editer.

5. xzKinGzxBuRnzx

xzKinGzxBuRnzx The Feature Man

How does Modio fit into all this? I have a VIP account with Modio. So if theres something you need just ask. As I don't really understand what exactly your trying to do.

6. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

I needed something that could overwrite files. wx Pirs would show me what was in the single file showing the folders and data inside of it but wouldn't let me insert files or overwrite. With Modio I can overwrite any file that I want to. So I could overwrite the maps that came on the L4D demo with other maps to trick L4D into playing modded maps. Even without VIP I can overwrite everything I need to. The only problem I have now is resigning the demo. I tried to use Hash Block Calculator but it would say not responding several times. I don't know if this affected the signature or if Hash Block Calculator just couldn't handle it because of the size.

So overall I'm just trying replace the stock maps on the 360 L4D demo with modded maps.