Mafia 2

Discussion in 'Gaming Hangout' started by InsaneNutter, Jul 28, 2010.

1. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

[​IMG]

About the game:
    Mafia II is a sandbox-style action-adventure video game which is the sequel to Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven.

The game will be available for PC, Xbox 360 and PS3

The game will be set from 1945 to 1955 in Empire Bay (the name is a reference to New York's state nickname "The Empire State".), a fictional city based on San Francisco and New York City, with influences from Chicago and Detroit.The game will feature a completely open-ended game map of 10 square miles. No restrictions are included from the start of the game. There will also be around 50 vehicles in the game, as well as licensed music from the era.

Story:
    Mafia II is a gritty drama which chronicles the rise of World War II Veteran Vito Scaletta, the son of Sicilian immigrants. As the game progresses, Vito will join a crime family and become a made man.

The story begins with the player character Vito returning home on leave from World War II. Vito had joined the U.S. military as a way of avoiding jail time for a botched robbery. He then discovers that his father died and left his family $2000 in debt. Vito reunites with his old friend, Joe Barbaro, and the two quickly embark upon a life of crime. Their criminal ascension starts with Mikey, a car mechanic who gets in a conflict with Joe. Mikey also needs a certain type of car to chop for parts, and will pay $400 for one that the police are not tailing. Soon enough, Vito, Joe, and Henry Tomasino (already a made man in the Clemente family) find themselves battling with, for, against, and around three crime factions: the Falcone, Vinci and Clemente families.

The game will contain two hours of in-game cutscenes. The original game, Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven, had a screenplay of 400 pages, opposed to the 700 pages of the sequel. Daniel Vávra, the writer and director of the original and the sequel, discussed the new angle of the game stating: "The old game was a tribute to gangster films, a romantic vision. Mafia II is grittier, real, a darker world, and the effects are based in reality."

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Editions:
    Collectors Edition
    Includes: MADE MAN PACK + Steelbook packaging, Official orchestral score, 100 page hardcover art book, guide to Empire Bay map printed on specialty teaser resistant paper.

Special Edition:
    Includes both MADE MAN PACK and GREASER PACK.

Standard Edition (PC only)
    Includes just the game.

Pre order bonus packs:

Depending on where you pre order from you will get different bonuses that can be used in the game, none of them really sound worthwhile to me... however if your bothered them game would be the best place to pre order in the UK as you get both the Greaser Pack and Made Man pack. In the USA GameStop would be the best place to pre order as you get both the War Hero and Vegas packs.

VEGAS PACK
    Get a taste of old school Vegas in this new downloadable content pack from Mafia II. Bring a taste of Vegas to Empire Bay as you cruise through the town in two new cars with smooth handling and timeless lines. Vito shows his Vegas style in two new suits.

Gamestop (USA)
    Amazon.co.uk (UK)

WAR HERO PACK
    The '40s wouldn’t be complete without a war hero. Vito plays the role well in the War Hero downloadable content pack. Drive two military style vehicles and notice the superior handling in all weather conditions. Vito looks sharp in two new military inspired suits, including a full uniform and fatigues.

Gamestop (USA)
    HMV.com (UK)

RENEGADE PACK
    Show off your inner renegade in this new downloadable content pack. Start with two new cars, one with the slick styling and tight handling of a small sports coupe and the other with the revved up engine of a 50s hot rod. Outfit Vito in two new suits including leather and lettermen’s jackets to fit his renegade persona.

Amazon.com (USA)
    Zavvi.com (UK)

GREASER PACK
    The Mafia II Greaser downloadable pack is all about speed. These two new hot-rod speedsters will win you pink slips every time. Pair that with two new suits for Vito, one with leather jacket and heavy boots, the other a leather racing suit, and get ready to start your engines.

BestBuy (USA)
    Game (UK)

MADE MAN PACK
    Free access to in-game downloadable pack that lets players get behind the wheel of two different luxury automobiles modeled after classic cars from the period. In addition, Vito will look the part with two new “made man” suits, including a vintage tux.

Game (UK only)

$10 giftcard
    Wallmart (USA)

So is anyone getting this game? if so do you plan to pre order.
    I want the game, I just dont know if i want it on PC or Xbox 360.

On PC its £25 here in the UK, however on Xbox its £40... I do like playing on the Xbox more though these days... tough choice lol

Attached Files:

2. Safinn

Safinn Addict

Not sure about this game. Will have to wait till it's out before I decide.

3. Crazyuk420

Crazyuk420 Resident

It dont look too bad

Mafia II trailer
    [video=youtube;S_x9BMD6mAk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_x9BMD6mAk[/video]

Mafia Gameplay
    [video=youtube;dMV28jbPLRI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMV28jbPLRI[/video]

Behind the Scenes
    [video=youtube;KclzdWzEMsE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KclzdWzEMsE[/video]

4. Pit

Pit Active Member

I've been looking forward to this game for ages and I think it will be a brilliant game

5. maaaars

maaaars New Member

Can anyone Upload the Demo,please=)

6. KillerWhiteMan

KillerWhiteMan Burnout Racer

I was unsure about this game when it was first announced. I enjoyed the first Mafia game, but didn't think it matched up to other open-world crime games such as GTA. After seeing the first trailer for Mafia II, I was hooked. Now I just need to try the demo and see if it will live up to the expectations the trailers have set.

7. MasterChief

MasterChief Addict

PC or Xbox 360, that is the question... I might go with the PC version as its cheaper and the demo works very well on my PC.

8. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

At the time GTA 3 / Vice City and Mafia were pretty even I thought, Mafia was basically GTA in a different time setting.

As for the Mafia 2 demo it exceeds the expectations I had from the trailers! The game is a lot of fun... it would be great if there was some co-op or multiplayer elements in the game... however even without I think its going to be a great game.

9. Pit

Pit Active Member

The Demo is brilliant I'm thinking of getting the collectors edtion which is £49.99 on amazon

10. slimwadey

slimwadey Addict

Has anyone played Godfather ? i have played Godfather2 , how does this compare to Mafia2?

11. MasterChief

MasterChief Addict

Mafia 2 is loads better, I played the first Godfather and didn't like it at all.
    The atmosphere is a lot better in Mafia 2 if that makes sense, try the demo if you haven't allready.

12. romanos.romaidis

romanos.romaidis New Member

I played the Demo of MAfia 2(xbox 360) ...i think its great..it has some little details that make the diferrence from games like Gta IV...!the storyline is great..the voice acting also..its like holywood movie..its EPIC.!ps.i noticed in demo some tearing..i hope it will..disappear till the final release of the game..!

13. Pit

Pit Active Member

I've preordered it can wait to play it next week.