Microsoft Browser Choice Screen Update for EEA Users of Windows 7

Discussion in 'Computer and Technology Discussion' started by InsaneNutter, Feb 24, 2010.

1. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

It looks like the browser ballot screen update has started to be pushed out to Windows users in Europe

Ive just got the browser choice updated listed in the Windows Updates for my netbook, not got anything on the PC yet.

[​IMG]

Needless to say I told Windows to hide and not to notify me again about the update.

2. MunkyMagikUK

MunkyMagikUK Digiex Blogger

What does the update do?

3. InsaneNutter

Not much, just makes this popup when you launch IE after installing it: Information Regarding Web Browsers

A lot of people are making a massive deal about it so thought it might be worth posting up.

4. MasterChief

MasterChief Addict

Good / bad I think, it promotes other browsers but i dont agree MS should be forced to promote competing products... especially Opera.

This opens the door for to have a browser ballot type thing for every application that's included with Windows... give it time.

5. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

I demand a choice on which Notepad application comes with Windows, I demand a ballot screen for it.

6. InsaneNutter

Sadly I really do see that happening in the next few years, we already have versions of Windows without Media Player, I can see some one using this browser ballot thing as a good example to do the same with media players in the near future.

7. Trebor

Trebor Dolphin Fan

Do you reckon it'll come to a point where MS don't even bother implementing old features yet alone new ones into their future OS releases thus requiring the end user to have to install everything he/she needs? If it comes to that I'll be most unhappy as I'm fine with how things are right now. If I'm not satisifed with a Windows feature I use Google to look for alternatives or ways of going about doing the things I want. Is it so hard for others to do the same?