Motherboard Repair/Next build

Discussion in 'Computer and Technology Discussion' started by BigRod989, Feb 13, 2011.

1. BigRod989

BigRod989 Addict

So today at work I bought a motherboard that was broken :( but for $4 us :) its a AM3 board with DDR3 and a ATI HD4250 vga/dvi/hdmi 1080p :) the only thing wrong is 1 cap got hit so it pulled a pin for the cap out of the cap it self, and i couldn't let it get recycled and i got a solid state cap from a motherboard that was completely fried (so free replacement cap) I'm going to try and fix it and make it my 5 year old daughters PC (she see's me work on electronics all the time and wants to learn) Here's the website for the specs

Right now all i have is the Motherboard what would be the best parts to add with it that will be afordable but decent (pics of the missed up cap)
    259.JPG
    258.JPG

2. xBruce88x

xBruce88x New Member

dunno if your still checking on this but... I'd make sure that cap your replacing it with is to spec with the old.

What do you plan to use this system for? gaming? movies? Facebook?

3. BigRod989

BigRod989 Addict

Ya the cap is the same spec ;) first thing i checked and mostly some internet/movies/ some games (kids games as my daughters 5)