Need help with Quickboot please

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by BlockABoots, Jun 14, 2012.

1. BlockABoots

BlockABoots Elite Member

I am wanting to setup a shortcut for FSD so it appears in NXE so i can get back to FSD from NXE with ease. I think i have entered the correct info in quickboot?....

[​IMG]

My freestyle xex file is located in applications/freestyle 2 on my USB Hard drive which is connected to my 360, i have copied the 'freestyledash' file that quickboot created to the /Content/0000000000000000/C0DE9999/00007000/ folder on my usb hard drive. I think i have done everything correctly but i cannot see the shortcut to FSD anywhere on the NXE when i boot the console. Where are shortcuts supposed to be displayed on the kinect dash?

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

I usually put mine under Demo's, with the settings above yours should appear under the games section.

I think your problem is you say its on the USB hard drive, the MS dash will not load files from there it must be on the internal hard drive.

3. BlockABoots

BlockABoots Elite Member

Ah that might explain it the. Would the games also have to be on the internal drive to show up in NXE?, or can the games be on an external drive? and would this drive need to be in the Xbox file format?

4. InsaneNutter

Games have to be on the internal, you can format a 16gb memory stick and put games on that however you can not use anything larger on the NXE.

5. BlockABoots

BlockABoots Elite Member

Damn that's a shame. Hopefully the next update of FSD will have an option where it automatically signs the profile out when u exit a game and go back to FSD to stop any nasty stuff being wrote to your online profile. Is there a thread or forum where u can suggest ideas to the developers for the next update of FSD?

6. InsaneNutter

They do, however the second you mention using a live profile on your Jtag you will be shot down, called a cheater and told simply not to do it.
    The forum staff fail to understand why people would want to, see here: TeamFSD • View topic - FSD signature on LIVE profile.

You can post on that forum, however dont expect to get anywhere.

I also question if that would actually be possible as i believe its something that would have to be implemented at system level on Freeboot.

I personally got a nice 1tb hard drive, and have any homebrew under demos so i can just avoid it when my live profile is in use.

7. BlockABoots

BlockABoots Elite Member

Yeah i also have a 1TB external drive, just the other day i was booted up in FSD and was playing a game and forgot to sign out of my live profile when i exited the game. So had to delete my profile and then redownload it again, i know it was my own fault for not remembering to sign out but i just dont want it to happen again

8. InsaneNutter

Personally i would just upgrade the internal hard drive to a 1tb drive, convert all your games to GoD containers and not bother with Freestyle.

I find FSD is an inconvenience personally, i have all my games on the internal hard drive the only thing i need to worry about is not loading anything from the demos section on the dash as thats where all my homebrew apps are, betas and so on.

No need to worry about swapping profiles every time i play something else.

9. BlockABoots

BlockABoots Elite Member

So its safe to upgrade the internal drive to a 1TB for playing in non RGH online mode aswell?

10. Rick

Rick Moderator

The drive won't work in non rgh mode.

11. BlockABoots

BlockABoots Elite Member

Really? So basically im screwed then...ill have to stick to FSD. As i have used half the space of my internal 320GB HD with retail installs, xbla games etc already the the remaining space will get eaten up in no time when i start to add RGH type games :(.

Can only cross my fingers that the Dashlaunch team implement a 'profile sign out on game exit' option in a future update for use with FSD, if the FSD team are so against adding such an option?

12. InsaneNutter

Yes a non hacked 360 is bound by the restrictions Microsoft place on it.

In all honesty your better off not dual booting between RGH / Retial, the latest retail dashboard update will kill your RGH mode if your dual booting. On a Slim you should be able to recover from this by adding a +1 to the ldv value of your nand, providing you have your nand dump and a cpu key from before the update. On a phat i dont think there is a fix at the moment.

Of course that's just my opinion, i prefer having two consoles. One totally legit for Xbox Live use and my hacked one for homebrew, betas and everything else.

This way i have avoided all the problems your now face, and are going to face if you sign on to xbox live and update in retail mode. Plus the advantage is i can system link the consoles which is very handy when a friend is over.

Just something to think about, as your never going to have an easy time dual booting like you want.

13. BlockABoots

BlockABoots Elite Member

Has that actually been confirmed that the new dash update stops RGH 360's from operating correctly? If so where can i read this info

14. Rick

Rick Moderator