New Dashboard Update 12209 (Beta) announced for Kinect

Discussion in 'Gaming Hangout' started by Wandsbek, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Wandsbek

Wandsbek Resident

Hi guys, i can't post this to the "Front Page News" i don't know why... so im gonna post it here.

A New Dasboard Update (12209) Beta was announced and it's ready for Kinect aka. "Project Natal"

What is Featured?

A whole new Dashboard-Designe with new Sound-Effect's, that is ready for Kinect.

New Dasboard Feature:

Firmware Flash LT:
    I think this is a bad thing for all, the new Dasboard has an "Auto-Detact" for hacked Firmware's, yes Lite Touch "LT" is not more safety..

Homebrew (Jtag)
    The new Dashboard will overwrite the Jtag, otherwise you can't install Kinect!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Click on me >>
    Google Übersetzer << Click on me

Attached Files:

abcgeri likes this.
  2. P.KID

P.KID Addict

i noticed this @ e3. suprised it didnt pop up on websites.

3. Safinn

Safinn Addict

Is that 100%? The pictures do not look official to me but Im sure there will be an update.

4. AntiNaz

AntiNaz Addict

Does that mean if I dont reflash my xbox to its original firmware, I will be banned...

5. P.KID

P.KID Addict

I highly am certain of the fact that there 70% real. I don remember exactly what was shown @ e3. But it was deffinately a new dashboard with new UI and eye candy stuff.

6. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

Not until this update is out, though with that new update that is coming tomorrow for the new arcade look, I believe that is a new 360 console update, so if you have that drive flashed tomorrow when the update happens, you may possibly get banned. This is just hypothetical as usually console updates are what seem to ban consoles from XBL, though if you flash it to its regular firmware and then back to LT after the update you should be fine.

To easily answer your actual question, yes, if you have any type of flashed drive (unless modders come up with another drive that can't be detected) when this comes out it looks like the ban will be quick and swift but who knows when this update will actually come out.

Its also worth noting that you may not even get tomorrows update as it does say U.S. and not North America but in any case if you do get asked to update I would recommend flashing back to original firmware before updating.

7. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

I do believe the dashboard is real, however the information in that article appears to have just been made up or guessed at...

Well yes, that was the same with the USB storage update and all the other updates since 7371. Thats why people have to wait for a new version of Freeboot as the update is modified anyway to remove security features and emulate efuses.

Again could be possible, however i'm sure major Xbox hacking websites such as Xbox-Scene or Xbox Hacker would have something up about this if it was true.

8. ElMarrueco

ElMarrueco Active Member

Didn't understand everything...It won't unflash the 360 huh?
    I hope not, i like the new design...

9. SlapHappy

SlapHappy Member

Yea it looks to plain.

10. Michael_T

Michael_T Addict

Does someone have a download link ?

11. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Its not leaked, its just some screenshots from E3.

12. Slaz

Slaz Roast as you make toast!

At least the contrast of the design will be better with this update. Not that the Dashboard is so important, but I always thought that the current design felt like those classic iPod scroll menu's.