New Member Saying Hi

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by eru, Dec 12, 2016.

1. eru

eru New Member

New member posting to introduce myself to the Forum.

I have recently cut the cableTV cord and using Roku boxes along with the Tablo OTA DVR and a Plex Media Server running on UnRaid OS.

Controlling the whole mess with a Logitech Harmony Elite remote and Harmony Smart Keyboard.

Looking forward to participating in the forum.

Thanks.

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Hey and welcome! the Tablo OTA DVR actually looks really good, and has apps for everything including the Xbox One.

I'm quite a fan of home theater setups too, i currently have a mixture of Kodi, Plex and Windows Media Center. Windows Media Center is used for OTA TV, Kodi is my media player of choice, however I love Plex for use on the Xbox, Now TV (Roku) box and on mobile devices. All powered by my home built nas which is a Virtual Machine running on VMWare Esxi.

3. eru

eru New Member

Not familiar with VMWare Esxi -- I will have to check it out.

Since we are talking home theater setups, I just got a FLIRC to control my home theater PC via the Harmony Smart Keyboard. So we will see how that goes.

4. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Basically you can split the resources of your server up and run multiple OS's as virtual machines. Very handy as my home server runs Pfsense as my router, Windows Server, Ubuntu Server and various other things too!

FLIRC is a really good device, I have one at work connected to a Raspberry Pi, which can now control Kodi via an Xbox One remote control.