One person pays for XBLM content and 2 people get it.

Discussion in 'Gaming Hangout' started by cardo69, Mar 10, 2009.

1. cardo69

cardo69 Addict

So this glitch has worked for a long time but no one seems to know how to do it so I'll explain. Basically, it makes it so that one person pays for anything on the Xbox Live Marketplace and someone else will also get the content.

Requirements:
    Xbox 360 and xbox live
    1 friend who wants to buy something on the marketplace
    Terms I will be using:
    Payer= Person paying with their MS points
    Freeloader= Person not paying, getting it for free.

1) Have the 'freeloader' recover the account of the 'payer' (make sure the 'payer' has already put the MS points onto their account)
    2) Have the 'freeloader' purchase the content using the 'payers' account and using the 'payers' MS points. And then have the 'freeloader' download the game after they purchase it.
    3) Have the 'payer' recover their account back and they can either go to download history or they can just find the content on XBLM and have them download the content onto their hard drive.
    Now both people have the content on their hard drive and can use it.

Why does this work?

When you buy something off of the XBLM it remembers the hard drive you originally downloaded it to AS WELL as the account you downloaded it to, so basically you only need to meet one of the two criteria to use the content, you either need the original profile it was purchased on or the original console it was downloaded onto.

Let me know how this goes for you....(Y)

2. Safinn

Safinn Addict

I might give this a go. Has anyone tried this recently and have it work for them?

3. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Well i've not intentionally done this however it will work, on my console ive loaded up an arcade game I own (Duke Nukem 3D) with my brothers profile signed in, then ive signed in on my brothers console with my profile that owns the game and been able to play the full version of it too. You usually have to click unlock full game on the second console once the game has loaded up (it doesn't cost anything as your profile owns the game) after that play away!

4. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

Yeah, it'll work for the "Freeloader" until/unless he/her gets a new 360. The registry will go off of the freeloaders 360 but it will work on your 360 if your signed into your profile. So if the Freeloader gets a new 360 the registry number will be different so the arcade game won't have it anymore for the freeloader but will still work for you.(Y)

5. Safinn

Safinn Addict

Ahhh... I'll try it when the COD 5 map pack is released.

6. Legion

Legion New Member

What up ninjas! Long time reader first time poster, that is groundbreaking! So you can access the full version of any dlc using YOUR profile once it has been downloaded to YOUR MACHINE using YOUR FRIENDS profile? That is freaking awesome, thank you so much!

7. InsaneNutter

Yes any profile that signs in on the console that the game was downloaded to first can play it, leaving your profile free to play it on a second console... perfect for Lan games :)

It’s possible to transfer the licence of your arcade games to a new console once a year.

Could be useful if the freeloaders console ever breaks, I personally like been able to play all my arcade games offline though so would just buy them myself.

8. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

By the way, if you do this: You must AlWAYS be signed into XBL or it won't let you play the full verison (The person that payed for it in the first place).

9. Legion

Legion New Member

? DScythe, could you clarify? That seems to contradict what Insanenutter said...but thank you for the response.

10. InsaneNutter

The profile that owns the game must always be signed in to live, the console it was first downloaded to can play it online / offline.

11. Legion

Legion New Member

aha! Thank you gentlemen!

12. KillerWhiteMan

KillerWhiteMan Burnout Racer

I am going to try this next week when the new CoD maps come out. My girlfriend's dad and I play together online, so I'll have him get them and then try to mooch them off of him lol.

13. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

I just got Super Street Fighter Turbo HD Remix from this method.:D Also the Resident Evil 5 Kijuju (Premium Theme).

Also the CoDWaW map pack is good, although I don't play competitive multiplayer (It annoyed me to much when i'd put half a clip of ammo into someone and they would shoot me twice and I would die.) The new Zombie map is pretty cool.