1. Welcome to the Digiex Download Center, you are welcome to download anything you like here, no registration is required! We offer direct download links with no captchas or wait times.
    We do our best to ensure no content infringes copyrights, and provide a DMCA Takedown Request Form to request the removal of content from Digiex

Pokemon Gold & Silver Space World 97 Demos (Japanese Beta / Debug) Download

Discussion in 'Pokemon Demos & Bonus Discs' started by Professor Oak, May 31, 2018.

1. Professor Oak

Professor Oak Pokemon Professor

pokemon-gold-spaceworld-1997-japan.png pokemon-silver-spaceworld-1997-japan.png

On November 15th 1997 a playable demo of Pokémon Gold and Silver debuted at Space World '97. This demo was never to be seen again until today. On May 31st 2018 an anonymous person dumped a ROM of the elusive demos, twenty years and six months since it was last playable by the public.

Pokemon Gold and Silver we're originally supposed to be released in 1998, however didn't arrive until November 21 1999 in Japan. With that in mind the final versions of Pokemon Gold and Silver is two years more developed then the Space World 97 Demos, making this an extraordinary find, even more so that it's made it's way to the public.

The Pokemon community is currently working to translate these demos in to English, you can keep up with the progress on this Google Spreadsheet. More about these betas can be learned on The Cutting Room Floor. You have these guys to thank for this rom making its way to the public.

Info:
    • The downloads below contains two roms, the original rom and a version with a fixed header that allows it to run on normal Game Boy hardware and most emulators.
    • Press Select at the title screen to view the main debug menu on debug versions.
    • Press Down + B + A at the title screen to adjust the time.

pokemon-gold-spaceworld-1997-town-map.png pokemon-gold-silver-spaceworld-1997-japan-pokemon.png

Download:

Pokemon Gold Space World 97 Demo (Debug) Download
    Pokemon Gold Space World 97 Demo (No Debug) Download

Pokemon Silver Space World 97 Demo (Debug) Download
    Pokemon Silver Space World 97 Demo (No Debug) Download

Attached Files:

Deoxyz, YoshiMoshi and Gunz4Hire like this.
  2. Gunz4Hire

Gunz4Hire Exotic XeX Hunter

Gold and Silver are my favorites! this is excellent to have. I noticed they released 4 different roms now :D

3. Slaz

Slaz Addict

I like the early designs of Delibird, Murkrow, Raikou, and Entei.

Some are just plain weird. Like, that creepy voodoo doll. And I see the Mr. Donut mascot in there.

Deoxyz likes this.
  4. Deoxyz

Deoxyz Resident

Surprised to see there's been thousands of downloads already from this thread alone. Digiex must be getting a lot of hits on Google from this.

5. ATEMVEGETA

ATEMVEGETA New Member

Hi there! Thanks for uploading those roms, but how can we open them? What emulator do you use for those .sgc rom files? Thanks!

6. Deoxyz

Deoxyz Resident

Use bgb, and make sure you have Super GameBoy mode enabled in the settings so you have the borders and color. Alternatively, renaming the extension to .gb and it should work with any emulator or flashcart

7. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

I'll randomly point out to anyone reading this thread that we have a Pokemon GEN3 Legit Event Pokemon Save which is missing the following event Pokemon we hope to preserve:

Japanese:
    • STAMP Absol
    • STAMP Pichu
    • Sapporo Pikachu
    • Hadou Regirock
    • PokePark Jirachi
    English:
    • ROCKS Metang (untouched)
    • 9 of 12 JEREMY
    • More of any PCNY events
    Pokemon Events of any generation are always welcome, in particular GEN 1-3 as these are so rare these days.

Same here, quite a few JPN Pokemon forums seem to be linking to this post too.

Invader TAK, Deoxyz and fabio00 like this.
  8. Deoxyz

Deoxyz Resident

Pointing out our missing events is a good idea in case people are actually reading comments, because I'm fairly sure someone out there should have an untouched ROCKS Metang and more PCNYs. The other stuff is a lot more rare though. Also a good way to spread public awareness of the public distribution roms, and the ongoing effort to preserve all potentially lost data, such as these beta roms.

But anyway, more on topic, but I did want to point out that these betas work fine on real hardware, just change the extension to .gb

GS-Beta (1).jpg GS-Beta (2).jpg GS-Beta (3).jpg

I'm looking forward to the English patch so playing around with the debug mode will be more convenient. My hopes are that one day these can be turned into a fully functional game, trading and all. As I understand it, due to the broken engine, a lot of time and work needs to be done to rebuild it on the Gold/Silver GBC engine. Not to mention lots of missing data (story, trainers, missing routes, etc) that will need to be created faithfully to the franchise without forced fanfiction garbage.

InsaneNutter likes this.
  9. Invader TAK

Invader TAK Well-Known Member

The downloads I got from TCRF had the .sgb extension which worked with no issue on the Everdrive GB X5 I recently got.