PS1 Games not display correctly on PS2 fitted with Matrix Infinity chip. HELP!

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by BlockABoots, May 31, 2012.

1. BlockABoots

BlockABoots Elite Member

I have a PAL PS2 Slim console that has a Matrix Infinity chip (Ver 1.93) fitted in it. Whist PS2 games display correctly when i load a PS1 game the screen is off center vertically, there is a large border at the bottom of the screen and the top part of the screen if cut off, its as if the whole screen is shifted upwards. I have tried enabling the PSX Screen Fix option in the Matrix Infinity menu and have tried over options but nothing seem to fix the problem. Any ideas how i can fix this?

2. SonikuXD1

SonikuXD1 Resident

if you Have Mattix Infinity Menu , use a Clean Disc and a Better Disc who can contain 8 GB or high , Not unless than 3 GB or something
    and if it not works , Check out your Chip , it might be scratched from a disc or power Drops ... and about PSX Fix Screen , witch BIOS Is in your PS2 Dude ?

3. Lum

Lum New Member

Are you using both an HDTV and component cable? Many HDTVs have component input who does not support PS1's low-res video mode (approx 240p on NTSC games). Including sets OK with it using RF, composite, or s-video.
    I'm not sure about RGB SCART since few American models offer that.

4. musty87

musty87 New Member

Hello there!

I have this same problem and need help immediately

Using ps2 slimline, PAL with Matrix Infinity v.193. Playing NTSC PS1 games - results in same problem. I am using an LG M203WA TV - (HD Ready) but am using my scart cable with it (which also presents NTSC games in full colour). The weird thing is - the game(S) come out in full colour - but with the problem the person described above, massive border at the bottom of the screen AND its coming out at PAL speed (great...) I'm sitting in front of this now I'm going to play around and try every combination of the PS2 Screen Fix option with the PSX screen option I can think of and see when it starts working.

I've tried pressing circle on boot so it enters 'PSX DVD Video Mode' which apparently enables it to play PSX games or DVD movies but to no avail... :(

Will get back to you asap I've bookmarked this thread as I want to fix this asap!

Cheers

5. musty87

musty87 New Member

Right - so basically - it seems to be game specific. I turn off the PS2 screen fix option in the infinity menu (hold circle and triangle upon booting) and then also set the psx screen fix option to 'yes' an it fixes it.

However - as I mentioned this seems to be game specific... It works when I load up FF7 (backup - NTSC) or FF8 (backup original) for example but doesn't when I load up Roll-Away (Backup NTSC) or Metal Gear Solid Integral (either disc - JAP NTSC Originals)...

This is weird! Any suggestions why this is the case???

Thanks