Recently JTAG'd 360 Mushihimesama woes!

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by EspRaDe, May 21, 2011.

1. EspRaDe

EspRaDe Member

Hi Guys,

Excuse my noobery if this has been asked before or more embarrassingly, posted in the wrong section :-$

I just had my console Jtag'd in order to play NTSC/J games & i'm really happy with it, unfortunately my DLC for Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 (The one to enable Black Label) has vanished!!??

The guy who modded my console advised me to avoid goin back on XBL to re-download it - so i'm stumped!

Any help would be great, Thanks

2. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

Yeah, definitely don't go online with it, that'll just end up in a ban. If you have another 360 you'll have to download it from there or you might be able to find it online somewhere and if it's free DLC you can make a request and I should be able to get it uploaded in a couple days (provided my battery comes in for the laptop.)

3. EspRaDe

EspRaDe Member

Thanks Dark Scyth,

I had a thought, i have another non - Jtag'd console, could i put the HDD in there?

Would the update required for XBL still bugger me when i'd downloaded the dlc & replaced it in the Jtag'd one?

Thanks

4. Corona

Corona Addict

you need to redownload it and then put it in le fluffie and make its signature 000000000000000 and then put it on your jtag

5. EspRaDe

EspRaDe Member

Thanks for the help guys, i really appreciate it!

Unfortunately my Jtag know how - now spans 12hrs :(

What does "put it in le fluffie and make its signature 000000000000000" actually mean?

Pardon my ignorance guys, Rome wasn't built in 12hrs :)

Thanks

6. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Do you know how to copy DLC from the Xbox 360 to your computer? As you have a Jtagged Xbox 360 they are multiple ways of doing this.

Depending on what you know the easiest would be to go in to System Settings on your console and select select "Memory"
    If you then connect a USB pen drive to your console you can configure it to be used with the Xbox 360

After that you can copy the DLC to this memory stick.

Once you have the content on the memory stick using a program such as Xbox 360 USB Storage Explorer you can extract the content from the memory stick to your PC.

You then want to open the content in something like "YarisSwap" this will unlock the content to work on any Jtagged Xbox 360.

You can then simply delete the old content from the USB memory stick with Xbox 360 USB Storage Explorer and copy the content you ran through YarisSwap back to the Xbox 360.

After put the USB memory stick in your Jtag and from memory management you can copy the content to your hard drive.

You can do this in multiple different ways, ill not confuse you for now as i dont know howmuch you know. If you need me to explain anything in more detail let me know.

Also you might want to check my upload out of the Mushihimesama Futari 1.01 DLC Download, it was free with first print copies of the game and could never be purchased.

7. EspRaDe

EspRaDe Member

Cheers Nutter,

You're obviously a guy in the know, is this
    Not an option? Will updating render my HDD useless once i return it to the Jtag'd console?

Thanks

8. InsaneNutter

If you have an official hard drive in your Jtag you can do that yes, however you still need to unlock the content so it will work on your jtag. You can do this on the console its self with XM360.

If you do that your hard drive might try and update your jtag depending what dashboard version its on, you can say no to it though and should if you still want a working jtag.

9. InsaneNutter

Also not sure how i some how managed to close this thread :S its open again anyway.

10. MasterChief

MasterChief Addict

I dont think swapping your hard drive between consoles will update them anymore, if you have the 9199 update on the drive that will try to install. If your Jtag is on a higher dashboard than that you should be fine. Just watch out for it trying to update, you can ruin your jtag doing so.

11. EspRaDe

EspRaDe Member

Thanks Everyone!!

I decided to go for the HDD swap option, re-downloaded the DLC & returned it to the Jtag console.

There were no problems at all after the DLC was unlocked via YariSwap & i even managed to add the Ver.1.01 too (thanks InsaneNutter!)

I was quite surprised how reasonably straight forward it was & my only fear was that the HDD swap might corrupt the Jtag, but it couldn't have gone better!

Finally, i can get back to avoiding masses of pink bullets, Ketsui & Dodonpachi BL are in the post - iv'e died & gone to cave heaven! :)

Much appreciated, thanks.

12. InsaneNutter

I have a lot of Shoot Em Up's for my Jtag, well most of the ones Cave have done anyway! :) Akai Katana is also out on May 26th which might interest you.

At the moment I own:

Dodonpachi Daioujou Black Label Extra (Fav shoot em up)
    Mushihimesama Futari
    ESPGaluda II
    Ketsui (Close to been my fav!)
    Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu
    Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu: Black Label

13. EspRaDe

EspRaDe Member

Another Cave guy! :)

Playasia & Ebay seem to have quite a few, they're so bloody expensive though!!

I'm quite tempted to just locate all the ISO files that are no doubt scattered around the internet, now i have the Jtag!

Trouble is, they dont look as cool on my shelf - next to the originals :(

14. MasterChief

MasterChief Addict

Another Cave guy here too! ;)

Mushihimesama Futari and ESPGaluda II are quite cheap at the moment on Play Asia, about $35 / £22 each I think.

I know what you mean, generally they are expensive, even after the game has been out for ages. If anything I would say the price goes up not down!!

Same with the ISO's, I have them for most of the games, however I since purchased the originals when I had the money. Especially the region free ones to show my support for more region free JPN titles.

15. EspRaDe

EspRaDe Member

My Cave obssession all started with the original Mushihimesama, it's still a close run favourite between that & Futari BL.

Mushihimesama though, inspired me to buy the PCB & an arcade cabinet to house it!

Now i currently own 2 cabinets &:

Mushihimesama PCB
    Ibara PCB
    EspRade PCB
    Espgaluda PCB
    Espgaluda 2 PCB
    Progear No Arashi PCB

Mushihimesama 1.5 BL 360
    Espgaluda 2 BL 360
    DeathSmiles 360
    Deathsmiles II X 360
    Pink Sweets/Muchi Muchi Pork 360

Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu BL is in the post from Playasia & i was just outbidded on a Ketsui!! :(

Will i EVER get to play Ketsui?? Talk about the holy grail of Cave games! :)

16. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

Curse all of your Jtag'd consoles. I'm a fan of Cave but not from their shoot-em-up games but i'd definitely love to try them. Though that probably won't happen anytime soon as getting a Jtag seems to be quite annoying.

17. InsaneNutter

I have never played, EspRade that looks like it can be emulated so ill have to give that a try!

I played Ibara on a PS2 Emulator and thaught it was fantastic, even though it could have emulated a lot better. It would be nice to see that ported to the 360 sometime!

You could easily buy a Jtag on the Xbox-Scene forums, loads of people are selling them. The only bad thing is most of them are likley RROD repairs which are like ticking time bombs. Unless you get a Jasper or know the history of the console it will likely not be that reliable. I have seen Jaspers for sale on Xbox-Scene, the downside is they are really expensive.