Recently purchased an RGH/JTAG 360

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by Irixion, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Irixion

Irixion Member

Hey all, as the title says, I've recently purchased a RGH/JTAG Jasper 360. From what I can tell, it has Xex Menu 1.2 on it, and "Welcome to Ninja" plastered on the Xbox Home menu.

I just had a few questions:

Where do I get started? Ideally I'd like to use the console for backed up titles and maybe some homebrew here and there.

The tutorials I've seen to inject titles onto USB sticks all assume that the Xbox is using the old "4 GB Max" format. Since the consoles now use NTFS, I can't seem to get the drive detected under xtaff.

Would there be a way to just use LAN to get the files directly onto the 360's HDD via a PC, or do I need an intermediate media such as a USB drive/stick?

Since this Ninja dash is bothering me to get online, is there any way I can shut it up? It keeps telling me to plug a WiFi adapter in, and then tells me that it's not connected, looping endlessly.

Finally, is there a way to get some sort of "options" menu, that can block Xbox Live access, etc?

I'm afraid of touching this thing, as it took me ages to find a local seller for an RGH/JTAG console, and I paid a few hundred bucks for this thing, so I wouldn't want to muck anything up.

Any help is very much appreciated!

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

By the sounds of it the Xbox has been setup with "Ninja" which is some service that allows modded 360's to get online and cheat on Xbox Live.

If you load XEX Menu up that has a built in FTP server so you can FTP files from the PC direct to the Xbox 360, which i think is the best way of getting files on to it. You can even use apps on your PC like GODspeed to easily manage content on the Xbox 360 over FTP

If you load DashLaunch up (presuming its there) you can probably display the plugin which is loading Ninja and annoying you. If not FTP DashLaunch over to the Xbox 360 and load it up with XEXMenu, you can configure what plugins load from there and block access to Xbox Live.

Hopefully that will get you started anyway.

3. Irixion

Irixion Member

Thanks for the reply! I'm trying to convert my game library to GOD, however it doesn't seem like my Xbox can read original 360 discs; it just says "Open Tray" Is there a way to fix this? I'm totally new to this so I apologize for my lack of knowledge. If I try to boot into Xell, it just looks for files and sits there. Thanks again :)

On a side note, is it possible to run ISO2GOD for an external drive? The internal drive on this thing is a potato.

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  4. InsaneNutter

It could well be a dead DVD drive then, either that or its been flashed with the incorrect drive key. Your console will tell you what drive key its expecting in Xell, however to findout what key is actually flashed on the drive you would have to go though the process of flashing the drive with firmware to play burned games, which usually requires some expensive tools these days.

Xell will look for something to boot, however you can also update your nand from there when you have built and update and put it on a USB memory stick.

Click settings on Iso2God, then see where it says Output path and Rebuild path? Change these to your external drive, then it will not be using your internal drive for anything:

iso2god-xbox360.jpg

I'd just ignore your internal DVD drive as you really don't need it on a Jtag / RGH console, I think it would also be more trouble than it's worth you trying to fix it for very little gain in the long run.

Convert your ISO's to GOD's then just enjoy playing them from the hard drive on the Xbox 360 :)

5. Irixion

Irixion Member

If I convert a game to GOD, what would happen if I tried to run the said GOD on a retail/non modded console? I apologize, I meant to say NXE2GOD. Since I'm installing games using the Xbox, I'm left with NXE, not ISOs...unless there's a way to do NXE to ISO. :P

https://digiex.net/threads/nxe2god-...xbox-360-games-to-games-on-demand-games.7107/

Using this on the console yields me nothing as it only appears to look at the internal drive and not the attached USB.

6. InsaneNutter

If you convert an installed game to a GoD and try to use it on a retail console it will simply not load, thats why you need a hacked console.

7. Irixion

Irixion Member

Noted.

What can I do to change my installed games to GOD? As I said before, they're on an external USB, and running NXE2GOD on the console doesn't scan the external. Would I need to convert it to ISO and then to GOD? How would I get it to ISO?

8. InsaneNutter

I would move them to the internal hard drive if their on the external as GoD's, that would be the most easy way.

However if on an external its likly their files / folders, if so then use CreateISO to make an ISO, then Iso2God to create a GoD package.

9. Irixion

Irixion Member

Which folder do I select when making an ISO? I've tried all of the folders given, and all the ISOs plumped out aren't being seen as valid ones by ISO2GOD.

Content\0000000000000000\*
    Content\0000000000000000\54510869\*
    Content\0000000000000000\54510869\00004000\*
    Content\0000000000000000\54510869\00004000\82AC222C9B6278C523E2FC911E640489.data

Is there any way to get NXE installed games to ISO? Seems redundant converting them to ISO and then back to NXE/GOD

Or, how can I create ISOs for my backups? A few of my discs are on their last legs.I was going to use FSD, but the console doesn't want to read any discs. Oddly enough, it seems to boot games if there's _A_ disc in the drive, regardless of what it is...It just doesn't want to install any when I put them in. Considering the console has had a MW3 disc in there when I bought it, and MW3 installed on the Xbox Dashboard, on the internal drive, the drive works. Perhaps it's an issue with the key or something? I'm not too familiar with this, I'm just going by what I've been reading here and there :)

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  10. InsaneNutter

Looking at what you have there the game is already in GoD format, if thats an installed game then you need to move it on to the internal hard drive and use nxe2god,

Failing that the only other way i know is to use God2ISO then use ISO2GoD, the end result is you then have gone the long way about making a GoD packaged game you can use.

11. Irixion

Irixion Member

The ISOs that GOD2ISO plunks out, can they be burned and played on a modded console? I have another 360 that I've flashed the firmware on the drive with (if memory serves correctly, and it's been years) LT+ 3. That's the main reason I want ISOs....in case this 360 croaks (the temperatures on it is pretty high even at idle).

If not, what's a good way I can make ISO backups of my games?

Last edited: May 10, 2017