RGH/Jtag requirements?

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by lemonade, Oct 24, 2012.

1. lemonade

lemonade Member

Hey gents

What is the RGH/Jtag requirements?

Slim model
    Manufacturing date = ???
    Dashboard = ???
    Motherboard = ???
    Anything else?

Phat model
    Manufacturing date = ???
    Dashboard = ???
    Motherboard = ???
    Anything else?

A friend told me the manufacturing date should be before August 2011, so if i buy a new console, is there a possibility the manufacturing date would be before that? Is the date on the box perhaps? Anything else I should know?

Thanks

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

With the new hack for corona motherboards i believe you can RGH any Slim that is pre-15572, any console updated to or past 15572 can not be RGH hacked at the moment.

The following Phat consoles can be RGH hacked:

Zephyr - (16.5A ~12V)
    Falcon or Opus - (14.2A ~12v) - (Falcon has HDMI, Opus doesn't).
    Jasper - (12.1A ~ 12V)

Again providing you have not updated to or past 15572

For the Jtag hack the console needs to have been manufactured before 16th June 2009 and not have been updated past 7371.

As for the best date to buy a console to RGH, I couldn't say.

15572 was released on June 12th this year, so any console manufactured before then should be ok, even a Corona. Dont take my word as 100%, do your own research as ive not been following the Xbox Scene as close as i used to.

lemonade likes this.
  3. lemonade

lemonade Member

Cool, thank you for the info.

4. lemonade

lemonade Member

Another question :)
    If I go buy a new slim 4gb console at the shop, will it be flash-able? I checked c4eva's site, and there are a few drives that they are still working. Can I check on the box for what drive it might be? What are the chances it will be one of those drives that can't be flashed yet

Thanks for reading :D

5. lemonade

lemonade Member

From what I understand, the Corona motherboards with the DG-16D5S (1175; 1532) cant be flashed yet? So what are my chances of not getting these in the new consoles? Or should I not buy a new console?

6. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Flashing is a totally different hack to the RGH, it depends what you want to do with the console?

If you RGH the console then you dont need to flash it as you can play games off the hard drive.

I really could not say your chances, i guess it depends where you buy from and how old the stock is, somewhere like Amazon will probably have recently manufactured consoles, where as a smaller retailer (such as your local supermarket) probably would not sell a lot of consoles so would have much older stock.

I remember Trebor purchased a new console from Ebuyer.com with the blades dashboard a year after the Jtag hack was patched, so if you are in the UK that might be a good place to try.

lemonade likes this.
  7. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

If you go to a store to purchase a console, the chances you'll get a flashable disc drive are extremely slim. I believe the GoW3 and Reach consoles can be flashed but even then it's a rather complicated hack compared to older consoles.

lemonade likes this.
  8. lemonade

lemonade Member

Thanks for the info guys
    Was just asking about flashing as a backup if RHG is not an option (yet)

Thanks again :)