The Darkness - XBOX 360

Discussion in 'Gaming Hangout' started by AntiNaz, May 29, 2009.

1. AntiNaz

AntiNaz Addict

Ive been playing "The Darkness" for a while and I bought it for $11.19!! This game is out of this world! I dont know why it is so cheap now but it is the perfect game (almost). I might want to put up an online review. Am I allowed to post it up on Digiex? I am not sure if this is in the right place, so correct me if it's not. Thanks Digiex!

2. X-D

X-D Member

I don't see why there would be a problem with you posting your own review here. That's what the review sections for lol.

11.19? That's pretty cheap, you sure its a legit copy? Where'd you get it from?

3. xzKinGzxBuRnzx

xzKinGzxBuRnzx The Feature Man

Yes, you can post a review about anything on Digiex. However Digiex already has a nice review on "The Darkness" located here. Yes, this is the correct place to put a review.

4. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Yes your more than welcome to review any game, movie, bit of hardware or anything else you think might be interesting.

We already have a review of The Darkness as KingBurn linked to but feel free to add your opinion to that thread or review another game for Digiex members (Y)

5. AntiNaz

AntiNaz Addict

Yeah, I saw that review today, its good :), X-D, the copy is perfectly legit, bought from my local Blockbuster :) I beat it today and was surprised at the detail in the graphics in a game from 2007

6. KillerWhiteMan

KillerWhiteMan Burnout Racer

I found a copy at my local Gamecrazy for around $9 or $10.

7. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

I love games that are 2 or more years older. You can always get them for 30$ or less.

8. KillerWhiteMan

They are great if you never got the chance to play them, or even if you did and want to play them again for more achievements or something.

9. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

Yeah. I had Oblivion and I sold it to my cousin. Then I had a major urge to play it again. So I went to the store and found Oblivion:GotY for 30$.
    (GotY: Game of the Year)

10. KillerWhiteMan

I have been wanting to play that again since I never finished it. I too am going to get the GotY edition. It's great that it comes with all of the DLC that's been released. It pays to wait on some things.

11. AntiNaz

AntiNaz Addict

Since I dont have the money to buy all the "new" games, My friends allow me to borrow the games for a couple months at a time :D If I am lucky, they just allow me to keep them. So far I just got Skate 2 and Mirrors Edge, Next comes FarCry 2 :)

12. KillerWhiteMan

All of those are good games. Far Cry is proably the worst of the three but it is still a pretty good game.

13. Trebor

Trebor Dolphin Fan

I see by your avatar that you've been playing The Darkness then KillerWhiteMan :D. I didn't realise my review would get such great responses and you've all inspired me to write a few more. Now that I am playing some games expect a review of Halo Wars soon and my thoughts added to Halomans excellent Dead Space review which you can find here (along with funny picture captions): https://digiex.net/reviews/686-dead-space-review.html

14. AntiNaz

AntiNaz Addict

Trebor, Haha, Its your review, yet I brought the game up again! Haha, Your review is superb, my friend.

15. KillerWhiteMan

Well Trebor your review was great. I had bought The Darkness when it first came out, but got rid of it. When it was brought up around here again, tho I got that itch to play it again. Picked it up for only $9.99. I had been trying to get the Darkness Master achievement. I plan on playing it again on hard. I had forgotten what a fantastic game this was, especially for its time: two years ago.

16. AntiNaz

AntiNaz Addict

I agree, for its time, the graphics are... amazing! The shooting, not too much but it is based on using darkness powers mostly. Isn't it?