Updating Dashlaunch???

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by BlockABoots, Jun 4, 2012.

1. BlockABoots

BlockABoots Elite Member

I have just overwriten my USB stick with the files from the dash_launch 3.01 beta zip file bar the ini files, but now when i load my 360 it loads to the NXE dash and asks me about joining XBL, and ideas??

This is my current launch.ini file that came with my console for dashlaunch....

[QuickLaunchButtons]
    Default = usb:\Applications\Freestyle 2\default.xex

[Settings]
    nxemini = true
    pingpatch = true
    contpatch = true
    regionspoof = true
    dvdexitdash = true
    xblaexitdash = false
    nosysexit = false
    fatalfreeze = false
    fatalreboot = true
    debugout = false
    livestrong = true
    noupdater = false

I have also noticed in the root of my USB stick a launchn.ini file which is the same as above and also a launchUSB & launchintmu.ini file which is the same as above but without the last line 'noupdater=false' Havent a clue as to what any of those options means or why i have 4 launch.ini files?

2. MasterChief

MasterChief Addict

You are probably confusing the console having so many launch.ini files, you should have one on the root of the internal Xbox 360 hard drive.

Delete the rest otherwise who knows which it's using.

noupdater=false allows you to run Microsoft Updates
    pingpatch = true = removes the system link ping limit (allows system link games to play over the net)
    contpatch = true = unlocks xbla games, disable this as it causes problems.
    livestrong = true = blocks xbox live (i think)

Hope that helps.

BlockABoots likes this.
  3. BlockABoots

BlockABoots Elite Member

Yeah sure does!, thanks. So i only need 1 ini file then? Wonder why the modded had 3 on there then. I though it was idea have stuff like this on the interal 360 drive? How do i go about copying it onto the internal drive?

And should i really have noupdater = 'true'?, rather than 'false'. As id want the 360 not to update if in RGH mode....but then i wouldnt be connected to LIVE anyways??

4. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Download an ISO i created here:

https://download.digiex.net/Consoles/Xbox360/Jtag/harddrive.zip

1. Unzip
    2. Burn it to a disc

You should see XEX Menu appear on the MS dash, you can use this to copy files to the internal hard drive and FTP to it from your PC.

Yes have noupdater = true, it will stop games that have system updates from updating your console.

BlockABoots likes this.
  5. BlockABoots

BlockABoots Elite Member

Ok i have burnt the image onto a CD, do i need to boot the 360 in RGH mode or LIVE (standard) mode?

Ok i have a question about this, is system updates the same thing you get when an update is avaliable for a game? As i placed Mass Effect 3 in and when i log into LIVE a message popped up saying there was an update available for this game, i sure hope that wasnt a system update?

6. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

RGH mode as its a homebrew app.

The update you have there is a title update (patch for a game) there perfectly fine.

7. BlockABoots

BlockABoots Elite Member

Ive been a bit of a noob here, as i already had an older version of Dashlaunch installed (obviously) all i had to do was overwrite the default.xex on the USB Stick found in the 'installer' folder with the newly downloaded one found in version 3.01, whilst i had done this what before i hadn't remove the USB stick from my PC plug it back into my Xbox and then run xexmenu and navigate to the installer folder on the root of my USB stick and run the default.xex file to update Dashlaunch!, all i though was needed was to overwrite all the files from the new beta 3.01 version with the files on my USB stick.

The new DashLaunch has a fan speed option where you can set target temperatures and what speed the fan will be set at, this is a great new feature as i was getting annoyed at having to have my fan set to 65% in FSD to stop my temps creeping past 58C for the CPU. Now i have the target temp set to this so then the fan only kicks in at this temp!