Upgrading xbox with WD2500BEVT-75A23T0

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by Daryth, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Daryth

Daryth New Member

I was attempting to upgrade my xbox 360's harddrive from 20 to 256gb. I had done this before years ago without any issues on another box.

Something went wrong when HDDHACKR 1.4 made the undo.bin because it is 0 bytes. So what I am looking for is the firmware or undo.bin for a WD2500BEVT-75A23T0 so I can start over.

If I boot with the dos usb key and run hddhackr it finds the drive, but it can't identify it.
    If I then reboot to the DOS USB flash drive...and I run the Western Digital diag tools (DLGDIAG 5.21)...it identifies the drive as a Hitachi HTS545025B9SA00 firmware 01.01A01 250G
    If I quit out of DLGDIAG and then run HDDHACKR 1.4 identifies it as the same....

when I try to restore the hddss.bin 250gb file...it shows that the drive and the firmware are the same manufacturer, serial number and LBA Size, but the Firmware Revisions are different, but it does restore.
    I can then power the computer off...turn it back on
    When I run hddhackr the drive has no serial number, smart is not supported, nqc not supported, apm not suppiorted, aam not supported.
    I can run the WD diag...it identifies the drive...and I can create the 3 partitions..

I power the computer off...wait 10 seconds...power it back on....turn it off...

plug it into the xbox 360 and all I get is a single blinking light on the bottomright hand corner of the circle.

So I am guessing I just need an undo bin for this drive model??? Does anyone have this or know where I can get it?

2. LeeClynch3

LeeClynch3 Resident

3. Daryth

Daryth New Member