UPVC Spares 4 Repairs Review

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Local Handyman, May 14, 2012.

1. Local Handyman

Local Handyman New Member

UPVC Spares 4 Repairs Review

I wanted to upgrade the door cylinder on my home after hearing about the recent vulnerability allowing any security on your front door to be bypassed in less than 15 seconds, as seen in the video below.

[video=youtube;TCufUpr_QRY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCufUpr_QRY[/video]

After doing some research I concluded the ABS Door Cylinder was what I wanted to purchase, multiple people had stated this was the best cylinder to get. The advantage of an ABS cylinder is that keys cannot be cut for it by a lock smith. You have to order additional keys directly from the manufacturer by supplying a special number for your set of keys. This means you can lend the key out and not worry about a copy of it been made, perfect.

A quick call to UPVC Spares 4 Repairs confirmed the ABS Cylinder was the best replacement to purchase, UPVC Spares even had a handy guide on their blog informing me how to measure to ensure I purchased the correct size. They also had a guide on how to fit the new cylinder, perfect for me as I had never installed one before!

After calling up I placed an order for the ABS Door Cylinder online at 3pm.
    The order has been packed and dispatched by 5pm and arrived at 9:30 the next morning, what more can you ask for?

The door cylinder was the correct size and I was able to install it with ease. Overall I’m extremely happy with the service and would recommend UPVC Spares 4 Repairs to anyone looking for UPVC replacement parts.

Link: UPVC Spares 4 Repairs

MasterChief likes this.
  2. Trebor

Trebor Dolphin Fan

Well if anyone's in need of UPVC I guess I can keep this post up lol :)

3. Spooks

Spooks Active Member

InsaneNutter likes this.