Which Mario Game Is His Creator's Favourite?

Discussion in 'Gaming Hangout' started by Trebor, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Trebor

Trebor Dolphin Fan

[​IMG]

Legendary Nintendo designer Shigeru Miyamoto created Mario, having some part in most of the plumber's games to date. But after nearly thirty years of Mario, then, do you ever wonder which game is Miyamoto's favourite?

It's not Mario 64. Not Mario Galaxy, either, and it's certainly not the original Super Mario Bros. Instead, it's 1990's Super Mario World for the Super Nintendo. And for a rather unexpected reason.

"Super Mario World (1990) is something that included of course all the action you saw in Super Mario Bros. but it also had the map features, so it also had that element of players having to think about where they were going and what they were going to do next", Miyamoto tells USA Today.

But the kicker? "I also think that it is a game that developed a large number of staff people who became producers and directors."

Source: Which Mario Game Is His Creator's Favourite?

What is your favourite Mario game? For me it'd have to be Super Mario Land for the Gameboy as that was my first experience playing a mario game and one of the first games I managed to complete. Finding the hidden pathways etc later on without a guide was great and I never tired of playing it.

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Mine would be Super Mario Advance for the GBA. Its the only Mario game i have played though from start to finish :)

Super Mario World for the SNES would be a close second, I have never finished it, but I have enjoyed playing that a lot.

3. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

Super Mario 64 or Super Mario World. I've completely finished both several times. Both the level designs of Super Mario 64 and Super Mario World were great, which most platformers fail to meet that expectation it seems.