Which old game is this?

Discussion in 'Gaming Hangout' started by taleheart, Aug 23, 2010.

1. taleheart

taleheart Member

This has been bugging me for a while now. A really old "Haunted Mansion" themed DOS game I used to play, but I can't remember the name. I've searched all around but I keep getting games somewhat similar, but just isn't what I'm looking for.

There is no real story from what I can remember. You basically just start off in a Mansion that you set traps to capture and kill monsters. You can build a variety of traps. You could expand the mansion, and you could walk around it and stuff. It was a 3D game, and had decent graphics by their standards back then. I'm looking forward to trying this game but just can't seem to think of the name.

I think I remember a function of "Skills" like intelligence and stuff. I'm not 100% sure with that though the game is just so hazy to me but i remember how much fun i had with it. I know you would buy traps and items but that's really all i can remember.

Anyone got any ideas on what it could be?

List of games suggested but NOT it:

Maniac Mansion
    Alone in the Dark
    Hugos house of (something?) - forgot the name of that game xD
    House of Horrors

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  2. Rustwick

Rustwick Resident

3. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

4. taleheart

taleheart Member

Nah nether of them games. If I remember the game correctly you could pretty much build up your mansion, and your goal is to run and making the monsters follow you to get them in traps. I checked DOS game sites (actually thats how i found Odel Down under =D) and nothing that caught my attention. But yeah, you buy traps and add rooms to this mansion of yours. There were all sorts of traps you could do.

5. taleheart

taleheart Member

Huh, still nothing? Was really hoping to figure out which game this was :/

6. MasterChief

MasterChief Addict

7. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

You could also try and message Assassin, he doesn't really post much on Digiex anymore, however his knowledge of Dos games is pretty extensive. He might be able to suggest some other games.