Install Wii U Games, DLC and Updates using Wii U WUP Installer Y Mod

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii U Guides' started by Hoffman, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Hoffman

Hoffman Addict

Wii U WUP Installer Y Mod will install Wii U Games, Wii U DLC and Wii U Updates from the Wii U's SD card to either the Wii U's internal memory or Wii U formatted hard drive.

If you have a fast SD card games should install pretty fast.

Download:

Download Wii U WUP Installer Y Mod

Link to the Wii U WUP Installer Y Mod Github page if you wish to download the source code.

1. How to use Wii U WUP Installer Y Mod:

Extract Wii U WUP Installer Y Mod to \wiiu\apps\wupinstaller on your Wii U's SD card

This will allow Wii U WUP Installer Y Mod to be loaded from the Homebrew Channel like any other Wii U homebrew application.

2. How to prepare content to install with Wii U WUP Installer Y Mod:
    • On your Wii U's SD card create a folder called install.
    • Copy all your Wii U Games, DLC and Updates to the install folder on the SD card, keeping them in individual folders.
    • Note the content must have been downloaded / prepared using Wii U USB helper to be in the correct format, install content obtained from else where at your own risk, especially if installing to your Sysnand. Otherwise you risk bricking. It is safe to install any content prepared by Wii U USB helper.
    For Example:
    • install/game 1
    • install/game 2
    • install/game 2 update
    Do not use special characters such as ™ ® é

wii-u-usb-helper-game-downloader-8.jpg

If you haven't already follow this tutorial on how to download / prepare Wii U Games / Updates For USB Y Mod Install

3. How to install Wii U content from the SD card:

1. Load Wii U WUP Installer Y Mod from the Homebrew Launcher

2. Select the content to install:
    • Use up/down on the d-pad to select the folder.
    • Left = deselect, right = select, plus = select all, minus = deselect all.
    • Selected directories will display *
    Selected content example:

wii-u-homebrew-install-selected.jpg

Not selected content example:

wii-u-homebrew-install-not-selected.jpg

3. Install the content:
    • Press A to install all selected to NAND.
    • Press X to install all selected to USB.
    Once you start installing the content you selected, simply leave the Wii U and it will go through the process of installing all the content you selected.

When a directory is installed, there is a 5s delay when you can press B to cancel the next install, otherwise you can leave the Wii U and it will go through the process of installing all the content you selected.

4. Installing more content

You can remove the SD card once you have installed all the current content on it, you can then delete this on a PC and copy more content to it.

Place the SD card back in the Wii U and press Y to remount and rescan folders on SD, now simply install more content again as described above.

5. Additional notes:

If you only want to install 1 directory, press - to unselect all, then you just have to have the directory you want shown, then select X or A depending on where you want to install.

If you select 1 or more directories with the right d-pad, a * appears to show they are selected, then select X or A depending on where you want to install and only selected directories are installed.

End result:

You can have all your games on the Wii U home screen ready to play:

wii-u-homebrew-install-homescreen.jpg

And yes for anyone who is wondering i do own the games ive installed on disc:

wii-u-homebrew-install-legit-games.jpg

I hope this help you to understand the pretty easy process to install your Wii U games and updates for easy loading from the home screen.

Attached Files:

gatekeeper1122, Trebor and alucard7 like this.
  2. alucard7

alucard7 New Member

Thank you for the great guide.
    Huge difference in loading times from loadiine.
    Question: Can I use this method to install eshop Wii games or VirtualConsole games?
    Thank you once more

3. Hoffman

Hoffman Addict

If you use Wii U - Simple Signature Patcher you can patch the signature checks on your Wii U Sysnand and install Wii U Eshop games / VC games and load them in the same way from the home screen.

However each time you power the Wii U on you will have to load Simple Signature Patcher first before you can load any non legit content, such as Eshop only stuff.

Be careful as theirs always a risk when installing non legit content to your sysnand. Only download stuff using Wii U USB helper, not stuff randomly posted on the internet.

alucard7 likes this.
  4. alucard7

alucard7 New Member

Thank you for your reply.
    I am not familiar with simple signature patcher but will look into it.

5. 100PercentJuice

100PercentJuice New Member

Thanks for this thread. I have used this method to install several of my games after I was unable to get disc2app to work. I am having some trouble with the DLC though. For example, I downloaded Smash Bros with the update and DLC. When installing with WUP Installer, I will do one folder at a time. First I install the game itself, then the update, then I will attempt the DLC but it gives me an error each time saying that I need to verify the files. This is the problem with several games DLC. What am I doing wrong or what can I do differently? Thanks

6. Hoffman

Hoffman Addict

DLC's are not legit, meaning you need CFW or signature patches enabled to install / use them. See my post in this thread for more info.

7. Paulo Almeida

Paulo Almeida New Member

Hi!
    Just did everything that was supposed, and everything seems to go well. Inlcuding the instalation.
    But no icon of the game shows.
    Can anyone help?

8. Paulo Almeida

Paulo Almeida New Member

Resolvi.
    Estava a usar o uTikDownloadHelper que tinha visto num video.
    Assim que usei o wiiu-usb-helper para fazer o download, instalei e ficou a funcionar.

9. MaskedMaidenMajora

MaskedMaidenMajora New Member

So, small problem... When I boost up the wup installer, and 'press A-button to install title to system memory' it says 'MCP_InstallGetInfo 0xFFFBF049' and I don't know what the problem is. According to another website, that error code is for 'install folder not found', but on my SD card, there are only three folders: wiiu, install, and DCIM...

10. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Do you have enough space on the system memory? it might help to share screenshots of what the data on your SD card looks like.

11. Femil6

Femil6 New Member

Hello!
    I need some help. I have my game installed on the internal memory, and installed a dlc on a pendrive without a problem. But when I launch the game, it doesnt detects the dlc. I also run mocha CFW before installing and also before launching. Thanks!

12. InsaneNutter

You likely need the latest update for the game installed.

Also ensure the game, dlc and update are all from the same region and this is the region.

13. Joao Victor Martins

Joao Victor Martins New Member

If iIinstal a DLC without the CFW (I don't play online or connect my Wii-U at the internet) I got some risk?

14. Hoffman

Hoffman Addict

DLC will not work without some sort of sig patches or CFW.

15. Joao Victor Martins

Joao Victor Martins New Member

And how do a get this "signature patche" I really don't wanna put some CFW cuz I don't have a SD card that can be formated right now...

16. Hoffman

Hoffman Addict

You can use this homebrew app before playing the game with the DLC, you will have to launch it every time you power the Wii U on however: Wii U - Simple Signature Patcher

17. Reptyl

Reptyl New Member

I have coldboot haxchi

How come when I install the update for say Mario Maker that I still get prompted with "Preparing update" and have to launch the game.

Is the game patched or not? I can see the update data on the USB drive though.

18. InsaneNutter

Maybe there is a newer update than the one you have? is the update on the same storage device as the game?

19. Reptyl

Reptyl New Member

It is the latest update from wii u usb helper and game and update is installed to the USB of the WII u

20. redkoatz

redkoatz New Member

dumb post
    but im a noob
    after installing this mod then using it to install a game.
    how do i run that game?
    dont laugh