X box, Videos, Music and Pix

Discussion in 'Computer and Technology Discussion' started by cardo69, Dec 22, 2008.

1. cardo69

cardo69 Addict

How do load movies, music and Pix on my Xbox 360 hard drive to view at a later stage??

2. xzKinGzxBuRnzx

xzKinGzxBuRnzx The Feature Man

You can store pictures as your background on the 360 by clicking pictures on your 360 and selecting your PC.

For music you must insert the cd into the 360 and go to music, there should be something there so it will put them onto the 360 hard drive

For movies you must connect to your PC to watch them. I don't think it will let you store them in the drive.

There is a little 360 hard drive connecter thing. InsaneNutter can tell you more about it. It will allow you to transfer things to and from your 360 drive.

3. cardo69

cardo69 Addict

Thanks so much hey KINGZ!!! another thing, im busy downloading this System update Fall 08, will it work on my x box 360?

4. xzKinGzxBuRnzx

Yes, The Fall update 08 should work. Haven't you ever updated your 360? There is a new 360 update out. NXE! You can download that one here.

5. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

If you don’t already have the Fall 08 update installed it will work on your console.

If you want to view movies on your console without streaming from your pc you have to copy them on to a FAT32 or HFS formatted USB Hard drive then select the hard drive as the video source, the same will also work with photos or music but as Kingburn pointed out it is possible to rip audio cd’s to the 360’s hard drive its self.

Edit – if you haven’t downloaded the update to play movies on your console you will be asked to do so, you have to be connected to Xbox Live to do this.

6. cardo69

cardo69 Addict

Yes thats the 1 that just finished downloading now, so all i do is insert the dvd in my xbox and on dashboard it will automatically update?? will it look like the pic you have??[​IMG]

7. cardo69

cardo69 Addict

oh i see, that makes sense, so there's no way i can download that update unless from x box live?? it did ask me to dowload some sort of update (xp something) but now i cant remember wath the message was?

8. xzKinGzxBuRnzx

Yes, just follow the instructions nimrod has givin then it should ask you if you'd like to update. Though if you have a flash drive it would be much easier but burning to a cd or dvd should also work.

Edit: if you get your 360 connected to the net using InsaneNutters instructions then the 360 should auto update itself once you've connected to LIVE.

9. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Correct, unlike the dash update the optional meda update you need to play divx/xvid video files is tied to your consoles id so it can’t be shared, it has to be downloaded by your Xbox when it’s on Xbox Live.

10. cardo69

cardo69 Addict

excellent!! thanks again KINGZ!!!

11. cardo69

cardo69 Addict

Thats perfect!!! Thanks INSANE!!!