XBL not willing to please me! HEEEEEEEEEELP!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by paardje, Jun 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paardje

paardje Addict

Argh! I thought I had XBL but here is the case why I'm not pleased with it. Cuz my connection with it has the virtual hick-ups!!! Sometimes I have a very good connection but also sometimes my connection to XBL is totally dead (no pun intended)

The only thing I do is swapping my network cable from my laptop to my xbox back and forth, I don't mess with the settings whatsoever. But still it happens over and over again, and mostly in the evening I have a good connection, not at the daytime. This drives me crazy!!! Cuz what can be the case here? THIS IS NO FUN MICROSOFT, by kicking me out, time and again!!! (mostly on the unsuspecting moments, bam: Disconnected from XBOX live)

:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(

2. Rick

Rick Moderator

maybe there are some signal issues with your isp by itself or someone could be connecting to your wireless if its open

3. paardje

paardje Addict

My XBOX 360 is directly connected to my modem (not router!) and I don't have wireless. While I have no connection to XBL, I can however use the internet on my laptop. How strange is that? (every time switching the one network cable I have plugged into my modem back and forth...) My ISP signal is just fine.

4. Rick

Rick Moderator

call your isp,my connection used to do the same thing
    you could try this also if there is a reset button hold that down for a minute on the modem

5. paardje

paardje Addict

I tried that several times but the issue keeps coming back! :( I'm losing my trust in XBL, thought it was rock stable but now I see otherwise...

6. Rick

Rick Moderator

if your downloading something on your pc at night does the connection slow down?

7. paardje

paardje Addict

Never tried that... but I will give it a whirl though!

8. Rick

Rick Moderator

can you post your speedtest.net results

9. paardje

paardje Addict

[​IMG]

10. seanpr92

seanpr92 Godlike

try putting your xbox 360 as a DMZ in your router or network modem as your NAT type may be set to strict which obvisouly will limit network connection

11. Andami

Andami Addict

Well, your speed isn't the problem. Maybe XBL just doesn't have that great of a connection in the Netherlands.

12. Rick

Rick Moderator

it seems like he is losing connection on his modem.he should get it replaced or get better wiring if its a cable modem

13. paardje

paardje Addict

Uhm sorry... WHAT? What's a DMZ/NAT? I maybe technical but...? You got me puzzled! *questionmark appears above my head!*

Rick: the modem is only a few months old (4 months and just out of the box!) and it's a cable modem.

Andami: the connection is good, only it got it's ups and downs. (mostly downs) :D

And I can't get inside the modem. (like the http://192.168.1.1 stuff...) Gives me a page not found.

14. Rick

Rick Moderator

try either 192.168.100.1 or 192.168.1.100 or 192.168.1.1 without the http://

15. paardje

paardje Addict

Not working... my browser is automatically put http:// before that... (IE9) I get constantly a google page...

16. paardje

paardje Addict

Video with no sound but I hope it will explain everything! (note: the connection on the vid was just a LUCKY SHOT!)

[video=youtube;7ExQSuCj73U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ExQSuCj73U[/video]

EDIT: tried again and suddenly he keeps on whining bout a IP Address... DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!

17. seanpr92

seanpr92 Godlike

go into command prompt and type ipconfig and the ip address it gives for default gateway should be routers login page for example myn is 192.168.0.1

btw what make is your router

18. Rick

Rick Moderator

use firefox or something else ie9 sucks

19. Kody

Kody Banned

Hi Paardje, I Am Kody From KTech-Computers. I Understand Your Problem, If You Are Using Your Computer To Connect To The Xbox 360 Online, For Windows 7 You Must Go To Start, Click Control Panel Open Network And Internet, Then Click Network And Sharing Center, And On The Side Panel Click On Change Adapter Settings. There Should Be The Cable You Are Using Known As Ethernet And The Wifi. Highlight Them Both And Right Click. Click On The Bridge Connections And Try To Reconnect To XBox Live WITH The Computer Runing. If This Doesn't Work Please Message Me Back Or Contact Me VIA Email At Kody2011@Live.com

20. paardje

paardje Addict

Arris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.