Xbox 360 can't connect to Xbox Live

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by noob4000, Jan 12, 2017.

1. noob4000

noob4000 New Member

My Xbox 360 slim will not connect to Xbox live and I have been trying to get the optional media update for about a month and it's starting to tick me off.
    I don't know if my Xbox 360 is jtagged but I really want this update so I can stream videos (mostly mp4) to my tv using the Xbox 360 via my phone/tablet.
    I've tried to do different methods to get Xbox live but none work.
    I really don't want to go thru a big-ish project getting it jtagged if it not already jtagged I just want it to be simple just like getting a demo game thru horizon.
    When I first connected my Xbox to the internet it asked me to update the dashboard so I could connect Xbox live and it updated but when I tried to download a profile it said "can't download profile right now. Try again later" (paraphrased) and when I tried to join xbox live it said basically the same thing.
    Does this mean my xbox is banned???!!

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

If your 360 is Jtagged you would likely know, you can find out by powering it on with the eject button. If you get Xell its Jtag / RGH hacked.

What error code does the 360 give when it wont connect to Xbox Live? its likely a problem with your internet connection or your banned. either way you need an internet connection and be able to get on Xbox Live for the optional media update on a console that is not Jtag / RGH hacked, their is no way around that.