Xbox 360 copying music to HDD

Discussion in 'Console Help Center' started by BenJuan26, Apr 13, 2011.

1. BenJuan26

BenJuan26 New Member

Hi everyone,
    I followed InsaneNutter's tutorial on how to hack a standard SATA HDD into working with the Xbox. That worked fine with my WD 320GB HDD (only can use 250GB but that's more than enough). Only problem is that Halo wouldn't load, so I'm currently downloading Partition 2 to see if that will help, but what I really want to know right now is if it's possible to transfer music to the HDD using Xplorer360 or something. We all know how much of a pain it is to have to do it from disc, even if our MP3's and AAC's are bought and paid for. Is there a way to drag-and-drop them onto the HDD and have the Xbox recognize them? I searched this forum and no one seemed to have asked this specific question, nor did I find an answer that suited this situation.
    Thanks!

EDIT: Ok, so if anyone is interested in this, I looked into it. I managed to find the folder in Partition 3 where some songs were that I had ripped with a CD. It wasn't an easy task because the names were hex values and the file extension was NON-EXISTENT! So after some research I figured out that almost all of the Xbox's audio is XMA format, which M$ created just for the Xbox. I'm still not positive, but I'm guessing that they're XMA files. I found some XMA converters online (I'm at work right now) so when I get home I'll give it a try. If it works maybe I'll post a tutorial of anyone's interested.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2011