Use this with HDDHackr 1.30 to hack a 2.5 320gig SATA drive to work in the Xbox 360.
Works with the following Western Digital Drives:
- WD Scorpio Series BEVS/BEAS
- WD Scorpio Blue Series (All drives)
- WD Scorpio Black Series BEKT/BJKT
- WD VelociRaptor Series
Download Xbox 360 320GB Hard Drive Security Sector
Tutorial on on How to hack a 320gb sata drive to work in the 360.
Good work on uploading the security sector, managed to upgrade to a 320gb drive perfectly fine.
why coudnt the mw3 console be 500gb lol
Good Afternoon -
Thanks for the tutorial. After reading it, I started doing it last night. I'm having an issue, though, where I can't restore my original data onto the new drive. Below is what I did and the current state. Please let me know what you think needs to be done:
What I Did - All steps performed on a workstation with fresh install of Windows 7 x64
1. Bought a new WD 2.5" drive which I thought would work: Western Digital WD3200BEVT Blue Series 320gb
2. Created bootable USB drive and flashed the hddss.bin for the 320gb drives. It did give message, but proceeded anyways. Port was not in AHCI mode
3. Connected new drive to xbox 360, booted up, and was able to format drive (after entering serial #)
4. Attached original Xbox Drive (Fujitsu MHW2120BH 120gb) to sata port and booted up
5. Started Xplorer360 (beta 6) Accessed the old drive, backed up partition 2, also backed up some files from partition 3 - shut down
6. Swapped drives putting in freshly xbox formatted in and booted up
7. Started Xplorer (320gb version) - When I went to open drive, it gave error saying it "Cannot Find a FATX drive to open"
Yes, I ran Xplorer as admin and even tried compatibility mode as well as different versions I found of Xplorer360 - all gave the same error.
I found and tried the app Xport360. This found and read both drives so I did the same process above with it. With it, I"ve gotten as far as getting the new folders onto the new drive - but - when I put it in the Xbox and boot up, I don't see the data. I have verified that the data copied and the Xbox does see the hard drive, but shows zeros next to all of it's categories.
I thought I'd just put the old drive in and copy save games to flash drive via xbox console - but when I do, The xbox doesn't recognize the old hard drive!
I really don't care about anything but my save games. Any way to get them back?
What can I do to fix this? Thanks!
Are the folders in the proper folder format?
I downloaded the HDDSS320.zip, but I don't think that's a correct one, I have WD3200BEKT Scorpio Black and when I'm about to flash it, before i confirm yes, all i see is bunch of NUMBER's no such thing as any brand such has HITACHI, FUJITSU... is there a way you can get me the correct Security Sector? by the way, i RMA one HDD, trying, this time I want to make sure it will work, it's 2013 drive..thanx appreciate any help..happy holidays
I tried it, didn't work, i followed all the steps,
Wrote 0's on the drive 1st,
HDDHACKR v1.40 + HDDSS.bin
it does flash but it shows numbers, no such thing as Hitachi, or Fujitsu...ver..
and after i did the partition part it was 100% suceful
it said firmware (nul) wrong,, something in red... and it just stays there, but yes i Reverted the drive, but i really want it, I got this one because it's 320Gb and 16mb cache, @7200 RPM..if i knew it's going to be this much trouble, should've went for 250 GB BEVT, seems like those are easier..anyways any help i''d appreciate it, by the way if anyone needs UNDO.bin for WD2300BEKT, i don't mind helping out... happy holidays guys
this is what i'm getting
SERIAL: < 6VDC44HD>
FIRMWARE REVISION: <00002CE02>
LBA SIZE: THE SAME AS CURRENT
this is the same HDDSS.BIN for 320gb .. even i flashed the same .. but aim not able to see it on my xbox 360 ... please help
i flashed the hddss320.bin on a WD500 GB drive scorpio blue series LPVT serires and iam not able to see in on my xbox slim...
first wanna know does this 500gb model supports ?
second did the dasboard update block this serial no?