Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 56

Thread: How to backup GameBoy and GameBoy Colour save games from retail cartridges

  1. #1
    Resident Nutter InsaneNutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    9,527
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default How to backup GameBoy and GameBoy Colour save games from retail cartridges

    Background:

    Most GameBoy cartridges have a small battery inside them with keeps your savegame on the cartridges SRAM. Like ram in your computer when the power source is removed the SRAM looses it contents, this being your save game. At some point the battery powering the SRAM is going to run out of power, wouldn’t it be nice if you could backup your saves to the pc and be able to use them on an emulator if you wish?

    This guide will show you just how to do that.

    What you need:

    • A PC running Windows 95/98/ME/2000 or XP with a parallel port (also known as a printer port) You might have to use an old PC for this as parallel ports are becoming less common in new pc’s, the software / hardware used in this guide will not work on Windows Vista / Windows 7.



    Above: A Parallel Port

    • A Gameboy Transferer 2 – This is a device that connects to your computers parallel port and will allow you to backup saves from your cartridges, you can also dump roms of your games with this device.



    Above: The Gameboy Transferer 2

    Where to buy:

    The only place I’ve found that still sells the Transferer 2 is Consolegoods.co.uk :: Nintendo 64 :: SNES :: Sega Saturn :: Neo Geo :: Dreamcast :: Mega Drive :: NES :: Super Famicom :: modified consoles :: controllers :: scart cables they will ship worldwide and accept a variety of payment methods so you shouldn’t have a problem ordering from them. I placed an order for my Transferer 2 on Thursday night and it arrived Saturday, can’t really get much quicker than that.

    Dumping the save:

    Connect the Transferer 2 to your computer, put your game in and turn it on.

    As your dumping a GameBoy save ensure the Transfer 2 is set to GameBoy mode and not GameBoy Advanced Mode, I’m guessing you probably noticed this when turning it on anyway!



    Now load up G.B. Smart Writer 2. Your game should be listed along with the size of it, if not press the setup button an ensure G.B. Smart Writer 2 is setup to use the correct parallel port.

    If you don’t have G.B. Smart Writer 2 you can download the Windows 95/98/ME version here and the Windows NT / 2000 / XP version here.




    Now it’s simply a case of clicking the “Down SRAM” button, you will be asked to enter a name for the save and it will be dumped to your pc.



    All been well you will receive a message saying Data received successfully. You can also press the download button and dump a rom image of the GameBoy game if you wish.

    To test your save game has dumped ok make sure its named the same as the ROM image
    e.g. Gold.GB and Gold.SAV, only the file extensions should be different.

    Now load the ROM in an emulator, all the saves I’ve dumped work fine in Visual Boy Advance.



    As you can see from the above photo my Pokemon Gold save has been dumped from the cartridge and is working perfectly in the emulator Visual Boy Advance.

    The Gameboy Transferer 2 can also be used to dump some GBA saves, it appears to work for games that use SRAM to save such as Pokemon Ruby and Sonic Advance but not games that save to EEPROM such as Mario Advance, I plan to do a guide for GBA save games sometime in the future once I have looked it to this more as there’s many different ways to backup GBA game saves.

    If you want to play about using the Transferer 2 to dump GBA saves and roms set the switch on the side to GBA and use the Xlinker 4.1 software

    That’s it, hopefully this has explained the guide pretty well. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
    Attached Files Attached Files

    XB1: Launch console - 500gb internal drive
    360: Jasper - 1tb drive - jtag hacked running the 16547 dashboard
    360: Falcon - 500gb drive hacked with hddhackr, not flashed

    Have a question or need help? Post on the forum, thats why it's here. I will only reply to Digiex related issues via PM, not general help requests.
    If I helped you say thanks by signing up for Dropbox with my referral link, we will both get an extra 500mb of space for free.

  2. Thanks from:


  3. #2

    Default Using the transferer 2 on windows xp

    so i bought the gb transferer 2 and downloaded the appropriate software for my windows xp, but the screen looks totally different from yours and i could not figure out how to load my pokemon blue save file onto my computer.. i was hoping for perhaps a walkthrough for this different version of software


  4. #3
    Burnout Racer KillerWhiteMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Salinas, California, United States
    Posts
    1,472
    Blog Entries
    19

    Default

    Matt loves his pokemons.



  5. #4
    Resident Nutter InsaneNutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    9,527
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    Download the software in the attachment, that’s exactly what I used to make this guide.

    GBv2.3.5 (2k XP).zip

    Good luck!
    XB1: Launch console - 500gb internal drive
    360: Jasper - 1tb drive - jtag hacked running the 16547 dashboard
    360: Falcon - 500gb drive hacked with hddhackr, not flashed

    Have a question or need help? Post on the forum, thats why it's here. I will only reply to Digiex related issues via PM, not general help requests.
    If I helped you say thanks by signing up for Dropbox with my referral link, we will both get an extra 500mb of space for free.

  6. #5

    Default

    "What you need:

    A PC running Windows 95/98/ME/2000 or XP with a parallel port (also known as a printer port) You might have to use an old PC for this as parallel ports are becoming less common in new pc’s, the software / hardware used in this guide will not work on Windows Vista / Windows 7."

    ...


    "If you don’t have G.B. Smart Writer 2 you can download the Windows 95/98/Me version Here" ...




    ==> I own a Game Boy Transfer 2 and an old computer. The application really does not work under Win95. I'm stuck because there than on my old computer (486DX) that I have a parallel port and I can not install Windows 98 on this machine. i have a most recent computer but without parallel port


    I CONFIRM: "GBV2.3.5" DO NOT WORK ON WIN95!!!


    Sorry for the translation.

  7. #6
    Resident Nutter InsaneNutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    9,527
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    What error message do you get? that would help people to help you.

    It could just be a simple thing of installing the visual basic run time files (as an example) i remember having to do that for some programs to work back on Windows 98.
    XB1: Launch console - 500gb internal drive
    360: Jasper - 1tb drive - jtag hacked running the 16547 dashboard
    360: Falcon - 500gb drive hacked with hddhackr, not flashed

    Have a question or need help? Post on the forum, thats why it's here. I will only reply to Digiex related issues via PM, not general help requests.
    If I helped you say thanks by signing up for Dropbox with my referral link, we will both get an extra 500mb of space for free.


  8. #7

    Default

    Hi dude

    The The Gameboy Transferer 2 that you talk, anyone works?

    I lookout on google with the name "The Gameboy Transferer 2" and actually it corrected to "The Gameboy Transfer 2".... Anyway, on the images it shows yours, and others like an Nintendo 64 controller
    Transfer Pak.

    All of them do the same i ask?

    I looked on ebay and found few of them... =S

    On the website of console goods uk i couldn't find the Transfer =X

    Do you help me?

  9. #8
    Resident Nutter InsaneNutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    9,527
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    Its called "Gameboy Transferer 2"

    It appears you can buy it fromhere, it appears to come from Hong Kong however no idea if the site is trust worthy or not.
    XB1: Launch console - 500gb internal drive
    360: Jasper - 1tb drive - jtag hacked running the 16547 dashboard
    360: Falcon - 500gb drive hacked with hddhackr, not flashed

    Have a question or need help? Post on the forum, thats why it's here. I will only reply to Digiex related issues via PM, not general help requests.
    If I helped you say thanks by signing up for Dropbox with my referral link, we will both get an extra 500mb of space for free.

  10. #9

    Default

    Cool, i will send them an email to see if is trust worthy... on ebay don't have any of this... And on the amazon i guess it has.

    One last question, how much is the size of the save games? 1kb? 10kb? 100kb? 1mb? 8mb (lol)?


  11. #10
    Resident Nutter InsaneNutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    9,527
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    It depends on the game as to the save size, Pokemon Gold is 32kb, Metroid 2 is 8kb and Wave race is 256 bytes to give you a few examples.
    XB1: Launch console - 500gb internal drive
    360: Jasper - 1tb drive - jtag hacked running the 16547 dashboard
    360: Falcon - 500gb drive hacked with hddhackr, not flashed

    Have a question or need help? Post on the forum, thats why it's here. I will only reply to Digiex related issues via PM, not general help requests.
    If I helped you say thanks by signing up for Dropbox with my referral link, we will both get an extra 500mb of space for free.

  12. #11

    Default

    i only have pokemon games
    so it is very few.
    I have Pkm Gold, silver, red, blue, yellow, crystal, ruby, saphire, emerald.... looking for leafgreen and firered
    I will buy that item and backup them all.

  13. #12
    Resident Nutter InsaneNutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    9,527
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    You can backup all your gb / gbc pokemon games with this, however the GBA versions use a 128k save size and this will only backup 64k GBA saves. I would use an Nintendo DS with a flash card to do any Pokemon GBA games you have. I have done all mine with a DS perfectly.
    XB1: Launch console - 500gb internal drive
    360: Jasper - 1tb drive - jtag hacked running the 16547 dashboard
    360: Falcon - 500gb drive hacked with hddhackr, not flashed

    Have a question or need help? Post on the forum, thats why it's here. I will only reply to Digiex related issues via PM, not general help requests.
    If I helped you say thanks by signing up for Dropbox with my referral link, we will both get an extra 500mb of space for free.

  14. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneNutter View Post
    Its called "Gameboy Transferer 2"<br>
    <br>
    It appears you can buy it from here, it appears to come from Hong Kong however no idea if the site is trust worthy or not.
    <br>
    <br>I joined this for for 2 reason, 1.) To thank you for finding this product available for purchase!, and 2.) To assure you and anyone that HKEMS is a legit source, I've ordered a few things from them without hassle, although shipping prices are usually a bit high.<br>
    <br>Thanks again !<br>

  15. Thanks from:


  16. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by level42 View Post
    <br>
    <br>I joined this for for 2 reason, 1.) To thank you for finding this product available for purchase!, and 2.) To assure you and anyone that HKEMS is a legit source, I've ordered a few things from them without hassle, although shipping prices are usually a bit high.<br>
    <br>Thanks again !<br>

    OMG YOU just save my day

    I was delaying the buy from this product because i haven't found any positive feedback about them. Now i will buy from them, weird because i never heard from them o.O But this product it is what i need right now

  17. #15

    Default

    HKEMS is the original manufacturer of the GB transferer 2 ...so i guess you can trust them!..otherwise another option is :

    djtransformer.com/shop/product.php?id_product=19

    i bought it there in december 2011 they still have it!

    bye!

  18. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rekotc View Post
    HKEMS is the original manufacturer of the GB transferer 2 ...so i guess you can trust them!..otherwise another option is :

    djtransformer.com/shop/product.php?id_product=19

    i bought it there in december 2011 they still have it!

    bye!

    Good website i love to have more of this to decide where i will buy this item.
    But my doubt is the customs... Portugal Customs =S
    There are any other option in order to save the GB savegames?

  19. #17
    Resident Nutter InsaneNutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    9,527
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diogo Soares View Post
    Good website i love to have more of this to decide where i will buy this item.
    But my doubt is the customs... Portugal Customs =S
    There are any other option in order to save the GB savegames?
    If portugal are anything like the UK get it sent by normal post and they should let it straight through, only time i have ever had to pay customs anything is with UPS. Even when the value has been declared on the front of the package as been well over the amount i have never been charged anything for an item sent through the post.
    XB1: Launch console - 500gb internal drive
    360: Jasper - 1tb drive - jtag hacked running the 16547 dashboard
    360: Falcon - 500gb drive hacked with hddhackr, not flashed

    Have a question or need help? Post on the forum, thats why it's here. I will only reply to Digiex related issues via PM, not general help requests.
    If I helped you say thanks by signing up for Dropbox with my referral link, we will both get an extra 500mb of space for free.

  20. #18

    Default

    yeah. i will send the product by normal mail.

  21. #19

    Default

    There are any other option in order to save the GB savegames?
    not that im aware of, unless you are planning of building one rom dumper youserlf ..but it's not an easy task (even if quite interesting ) i suggest the GB transferer II also because it's the only one i know still sold on the internet

  22. #20

    Default

    I just bought the Transferer 2 from the hkems.com, it arrived today and it is trust worthy Now i will backup

  23. #21

    Default

    one doubt.... this works with GB Advance cartridges?

  24. #22
    Resident Nutter InsaneNutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    9,527
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    With some yes, it depends on the save type.

    Basically try and see with GBA games, it should work with all GB / GBC Games.
    XB1: Launch console - 500gb internal drive
    360: Jasper - 1tb drive - jtag hacked running the 16547 dashboard
    360: Falcon - 500gb drive hacked with hddhackr, not flashed

    Have a question or need help? Post on the forum, thats why it's here. I will only reply to Digiex related issues via PM, not general help requests.
    If I helped you say thanks by signing up for Dropbox with my referral link, we will both get an extra 500mb of space for free.

  25. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneNutter View Post
    With some yes, it depends on the save type.

    Basically try and see with GBA games, it should work with all GB / GBC Games.

    With GB / GBC works well. i already backup all my save games of my Red, Blue, yellow, crystal, silver and gold. But he don't read the advance games. But i guess it is not a problem because my ruby and saphire already lost the 3v battery (empty) and the save games still there!

  26. #24
    Resident Nutter InsaneNutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    9,527
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diogo Soares View Post
    With GB / GBC works well. i already backup all my save games of my Red, Blue, yellow, crystal, silver and gold. But he don't read the advance games. But i guess it is not a problem because my ruby and saphire already lost the 3v battery (empty) and the save games still there!
    Indeed the Pokemon games on the GBA dont use the battery for saves.

    If you do want a way to backup your Pokemon saves from the GBA use GBA Backup Tool.

    You will need a DS and a DS Flashcard, however it does work perfectly for GBA games.
    XB1: Launch console - 500gb internal drive
    360: Jasper - 1tb drive - jtag hacked running the 16547 dashboard
    360: Falcon - 500gb drive hacked with hddhackr, not flashed

    Have a question or need help? Post on the forum, thats why it's here. I will only reply to Digiex related issues via PM, not general help requests.
    If I helped you say thanks by signing up for Dropbox with my referral link, we will both get an extra 500mb of space for free.

  27. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneNutter View Post
    Indeed the Pokemon games on the GBA dont use the battery for saves.

    If you do want a way to backup your Pokemon saves from the GBA use GBA Backup Tool.

    You will need a DS and a DS Flashcard, however it does work perfectly for GBA games.
    well my concern was the save games on game boy games only. gba does not worry me because the 3v is only to control the time, day or night and berrys and stuff and also tides

  28. #26

    Default

    Hey guys. This seems interesting, but I have a question.

    If I have a custom ROM, would I be able to upload it to the game cartridge and then play my custom ROM on a Gameboy?

  29. #27
    Resident Nutter InsaneNutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    9,527
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    Yes if you have a re-writable cartridge, more commonly know as a flash cart.
    You cant re write a normal gameboy cartridge though.
    XB1: Launch console - 500gb internal drive
    360: Jasper - 1tb drive - jtag hacked running the 16547 dashboard
    360: Falcon - 500gb drive hacked with hddhackr, not flashed

    Have a question or need help? Post on the forum, thats why it's here. I will only reply to Digiex related issues via PM, not general help requests.
    If I helped you say thanks by signing up for Dropbox with my referral link, we will both get an extra 500mb of space for free.

  30. #28

    Default

    I wonder, can I use a "parallel to usb" adapter, due to the fact I don't have a parallel port?

  31. #29
    Resident Nutter InsaneNutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    9,527
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    I guess it would, best thing to do would be to try and see.

    Remember though the G.B. Smart Writer 2 software will not work on anything higher than Windows XP.
    XB1: Launch console - 500gb internal drive
    360: Jasper - 1tb drive - jtag hacked running the 16547 dashboard
    360: Falcon - 500gb drive hacked with hddhackr, not flashed

    Have a question or need help? Post on the forum, thats why it's here. I will only reply to Digiex related issues via PM, not general help requests.
    If I helped you say thanks by signing up for Dropbox with my referral link, we will both get an extra 500mb of space for free.

  32. #30
    Interested
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneNutter View Post
    If you do want a way to backup your Pokemon saves from the GBA use GBA Backup Tool.

    You will need a DS and a DS Flashcard, however it does work perfectly for GBA games.
    I want get the saves off of Pokemon Emerald and FireRed GBA cartridges, so I can use them in my emulator on my phone.

    Do I need a DS and a DS Flashcard? I've long since traded in my DS and DSi for the 3DS but still have an R4, so if I do maybe I could borrow somebody's DS...

    But it would really be much easier if there is another way...would the GB Transferer 2 work?

  33. #31
    Resident Nutter InsaneNutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    9,527
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    Its been a while since i dumped my saves, however from what i remember the GBA transferrer will only dump 64k saves, and the Pokemon games use 128K saves. So you will have problems after you beat the Elite Four.

    A DS and DS flashcard is by far the most easy way to do what you wish to.
    XB1: Launch console - 500gb internal drive
    360: Jasper - 1tb drive - jtag hacked running the 16547 dashboard
    360: Falcon - 500gb drive hacked with hddhackr, not flashed

    Have a question or need help? Post on the forum, thats why it's here. I will only reply to Digiex related issues via PM, not general help requests.
    If I helped you say thanks by signing up for Dropbox with my referral link, we will both get an extra 500mb of space for free.

  34. #32
    Interested
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneNutter View Post
    Its been a while since i dumped my saves, however from what i remember the GBA transferrer will only dump 64k saves, and the Pokemon games use 128K saves. So you will have problems after you beat the Elite Four.

    A DS and DS flashcard is by far the most easy way to do what you wish to.
    Well I haven't really done anything significant since beating the Elite Four...just some running around on the S.S. Tidal and some small Battle Frontier streaks, but I don't think I would even want to lose that much...

    So about that DS...would I need to modify the firmware/void the warranty as you do for for homebrew?

  35. #33
    Resident Nutter InsaneNutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    9,527
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    Nope not with the DS, you just put the flash card in as you would any other game and it will work.

    I think the DSi and the DSi XL block some of the older flashcards, however I have an ancient M3 Real in my DS Lite that works perfectly.

    The app you want on your flashcard is GBA Backup Tool. On M3 Flash Cards later versions are blocked from running on them, however the first version of the app works perfectly on mine for the Pokemon games.
    XB1: Launch console - 500gb internal drive
    360: Jasper - 1tb drive - jtag hacked running the 16547 dashboard
    360: Falcon - 500gb drive hacked with hddhackr, not flashed

    Have a question or need help? Post on the forum, thats why it's here. I will only reply to Digiex related issues via PM, not general help requests.
    If I helped you say thanks by signing up for Dropbox with my referral link, we will both get an extra 500mb of space for free.

  36. #34
    Interested
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneNutter View Post
    Nope not with the DS, you just put the flash card in as you would any other game and it will work.

    I think the DSi and the DSi XL block some of the older flashcards, however I have an ancient M3 Real in my DS Lite that works perfectly.

    The app you want on your flashcard is GBA Backup Tool. On M3 Flash Cards later versions are blocked from running on them, however the first version of the app works perfectly on mine for the Pokemon games.
    So I just put the app on the flash card (an R4 will work, right?). Put the flashcard and GB cartridge in the DS. And then just run the app off of the flashcard just like a normal game?

  37. #35
    Resident Nutter InsaneNutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    9,527
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    I dont see why an R4 wouldn't work, that's what you do, the save will be copied from the GBA Cart to the SD card on your flashcard. You can then just put the SD card in a card reader and copy the save off.
    XB1: Launch console - 500gb internal drive
    360: Jasper - 1tb drive - jtag hacked running the 16547 dashboard
    360: Falcon - 500gb drive hacked with hddhackr, not flashed

    Have a question or need help? Post on the forum, thats why it's here. I will only reply to Digiex related issues via PM, not general help requests.
    If I helped you say thanks by signing up for Dropbox with my referral link, we will both get an extra 500mb of space for free.

  38. #36

    Default

    Thanks for this small TUT!
    But I have a big problem: I tried to order this transferer on djtransformer.com, but they only accept Google Pay. I can´t get Google Pay, because I´m from germany and I haven´t a fitting payment card.
    And I have no clue how to order it from hkems.com o.o
    Does anybody knows, how I can get one transferer? I really don´t want to lose my save file of crystal, even if I had stored every Pokémon but 1 on Pokémon Stadium 2 ^^

    Sorry for bad englisch, but I think you will understand me.

    Sad, that GB cartridges can´t be read on DS...

    ps: The GB Transferer II can read Pokémon Crstal, can´t it?

    /edit: Does anybody want to sale me his Transferer for a fair price on ebay? xd

  39. #37
    Resident Nutter InsaneNutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    9,527
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HRCFr34k View Post
    I have a big problem: I tried to order this transferer on djtransformer.com, but they only accept Google Pay. I can´t get Google Pay, because I´m from germany and I haven´t a fitting payment card.
    Can you not use paypal then? the website states "you may use Paypal or Google Checkout to purchase."

    I presume if you have Ebay then you will already have Paypal?
    XB1: Launch console - 500gb internal drive
    360: Jasper - 1tb drive - jtag hacked running the 16547 dashboard
    360: Falcon - 500gb drive hacked with hddhackr, not flashed

    Have a question or need help? Post on the forum, thats why it's here. I will only reply to Digiex related issues via PM, not general help requests.
    If I helped you say thanks by signing up for Dropbox with my referral link, we will both get an extra 500mb of space for free.

  40. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneNutter View Post
    Can you not use paypal then? the website states "you may use Paypal or Google Checkout to purchase."

    I presume if you have Ebay then you will already have Paypal?
    Yeah, I have Paypal, but I can only choose Google Pay for payment.

  41. #39

    Default

    Hey
    I bought a GB Transferer 2 some day ago. Everything seems to be finde. I stored all my Savegames to the PC. But I have problems to load them back to the original module.

    As a example: After i saved the .sav file from Pokemon Red the savegame was corrupt. There was only the "new game" option. So I put my pokemon red game again in the transferer to load the .sav file to the module. But the game couldn't read the savegame. Still only the "new game" option is aviable.

    All the other games are fine, they still have their savegame.

    Here is a picture of the first three backups I made: Attachment 12877

    I also tried to load all the files to my android tablet. The emulator could read the Pokemon Red game, but not the Cristall. And he also couldn't load the .sav files... =(

    I hope someone can help me

    ~domi

  42. #40
    Resident Nutter InsaneNutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    9,527
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    Try the saves with the Visual Boy Advance emulator on the PC, name the save the same as your rom and place it in the same folder as the rom. It should pick it up and load the save then.

    Thats all i did and each save worked fine, i never attempted to copy a save back to the gameboy cartridge.
    XB1: Launch console - 500gb internal drive
    360: Jasper - 1tb drive - jtag hacked running the 16547 dashboard
    360: Falcon - 500gb drive hacked with hddhackr, not flashed

    Have a question or need help? Post on the forum, thats why it's here. I will only reply to Digiex related issues via PM, not general help requests.
    If I helped you say thanks by signing up for Dropbox with my referral link, we will both get an extra 500mb of space for free.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-12-11, 18:21
  2. i downloaded res evil 2. now i cant save game. help?
    By deathed in forum Computer and Technology Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 23-06-10, 00:07
  3. My Batman: Arkham Asylum Save File Is Gone!
    By KillerWhiteMan in forum Gaming Hangout
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-01-10, 04:52

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Digiex is a technology and gaming forum, founded in 2004 by InsaneNutter and Nimrod. Digiex has served the internet community with breaking news, detailed guides, exclusive downloads and a popular discussion forum. A small, friendly community of like minded people has developed over the years. People are encouraged to register and participate in on-going discussions.
Join us