Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 181

Thread: Minecraft Launcher by Digiex.net

  1. #1

    Default Minecraft Launcher by Digiex.net

    Thank you all, it's time for me to end support for the Digiex Minecraft Launcher. Why? The original problem our launcher tried to solve was playing old versions of Minecraft. Back in the day it was called Minecraft Version Tool and was just a linux shell script. Then I learned java and created the java version. After that I learned C# and created the .NET version. However, Dinnerbone announced yesterday that the official launcher will have all versions of Minecraft, including indev and infdev. Along with that, our launcher is not capable of launching Minecraft 1.6+ so I decided to stop supporting it. The problem our launcher solved is soon fixed in the official launcher. If someone like Brock would like to continue developing the launcher, feel free to. I'll lock this thread and you can start a new thread for that.

    If you still want to download the old unsupported launcher, click here:


    Digiex.net Minecraft Launcher allows you to switch between different versions of Minecraft. The tool is mainly made by me, but also xzKinGzxBuRnzx has helped me.
    Download here

    This thread is for suggestion/questions/bug reports. Feel free to ask!

    If you are banned by MCBans, DO NOT ASK HERE. You have to go to MCBans Control Panel and appeal there. Any questions about wanting to be unbanned will be deleted!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -mclauncher.png  
    Last edited by jessenic; 02-08-13 at 07:19.

    If you like this post, please click that "Thanks"-button. Thanks!


  2. #2

    Default Noob struggling :(

    Hi!

    I just found this tool and am super excited to give it a shot. However I'm having noob trouble and hoping someone can help me out.

    I've downloaded the file, installed it and fired it up. However every .jar version I select doesn't download and just shows "error".

    What mistake am I making? I appreciate the help in advance


  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greyskye View Post
    Hi!

    I just found this tool and am super excited to give it a shot. However I'm having noob trouble and hoping someone can help me out.

    I've downloaded the file, installed it and fired it up. However every .jar version I select doesn't download and just shows "error".

    What mistake am I making? I appreciate the help in advance
    Hmm. I haven't heard about that before. Are you using windows or linux or mac? If you have windows vista or 7, try to left click it and select Run As Administrator. You should not need to do that, but there may be some permissions issues with the file system.
    If you like this post, please click that "Thanks"-button. Thanks!

  4. Thanks from:



  5. #4

    Default Mods/Single Player

    Does this affect single player and does it allow single player mods to be installed?

  6. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patterns View Post
    Does this affect single player and does it allow single player mods to be installed?
    Yes, it allows single player mods and it should not affect single player, except you can't play beta maps with alpha minecraft.
    If you like this post, please click that "Thanks"-button. Thanks!

  7. Thanks from:


  8. #6

    Default

    REP limit is 6 now, you all should have no problems with logging in
    I am going to release a bugfix update to the client. I need some beta testers to report all bugs you find, I'll attach the beta version here, have fun!
    Edit: The bugfix update is now live! Download it from Digiex Minecraft
    The update is not forced.
    Last edited by jessenic; 02-01-12 at 13:53.
    If you like this post, please click that "Thanks"-button. Thanks!

  9. Thanks from:



  10. #7

    Default

    This is awesome! I've been wanting to play Minecraft Alpha and Survival Test for a while now! But I got one TINY request... do you think you could add Indev to the .jar downloads list? I've been wanting to build a city on a bunch of floating islands.

  11. #8

    Default

    I was wondering why all the alpha versions of Minecraft before the halloween update don't have sound? They have the sound for what your character does and the music, but collecting items and background sounds such as animals and and mobs sounds are not working.

  12. #9

    Default

    The launcher is super awesome. I love it. Specially since you can download what ever version of minecraft u want to play with.



  13. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MTX1996 View Post
    This is awesome! I've been wanting to play Minecraft Alpha and Survival Test for a while now! But I got one TINY request... do you think you could add Indev to the .jar downloads list? I've been wanting to build a city on a bunch of floating islands.
    I have tried adding indev, but since it has strict checks where it can run (it can be only run on minecraft.net/indev/ and that does not exist anymore), it is not easy to add.

    Quote Originally Posted by Otterman View Post
    I was wondering why all the alpha versions of Minecraft before the halloween update don't have sound? They have the sound for what your character does and the music, but collecting items and background sounds such as animals and and mobs sounds are not working.
    The minecraft jar itself doesn't have sounds, the game downloads the sounds as you play. On older versions the sounds may be named differently or be completely different and not exist in the sound server so they can't be downloaded.
    If you like this post, please click that "Thanks"-button. Thanks!

  14. #11

    Default

    have it show the name of the Jar were using in the program title.

    i have like 20 jars with different mods, and when i go to multiplayer i need to know when im using a certain jar, so i dont accidentally use a flyhack on a non flyserver, etc...

  15. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delebird View Post
    have it show the name of the Jar were using in the program title.

    i have like 20 jars with different mods, and when i go to multiplayer i need to know when im using a certain jar, so i dont accidentally use a flyhack on a non flyserver, etc...
    Done, download the new version from Digiex - Digiex Minecraft - Minecraft Version Tool
    If you like this post, please click that "Thanks"-button. Thanks!

  16. Thanks from:


  17. #13
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere you don't want to go.
    Posts
    100
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Nice launcher! Ever since i found this launcher i haven't used anything else! (Apart from MC.net launcher, usually because my mods failed and it wouldn't re download the files properly on the launcher)

  18. #14

    Default

    Would it be possible to set configurations in the launcher window such as min/max memory allocations while choosing the jar to load?
    Inactive Digiex Minecraft Server Admin

  19. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skeven View Post
    Would it be possible to set configurations in the launcher window such as min/max memory allocations while choosing the jar to load?
    Yes it is possible with the new version of launcher that is not yet released though but I was thinking if I just dropped my launcher and forked the SpoutCraft launcher.
    If you like this post, please click that "Thanks"-button. Thanks!

  20. #16

    Default

    What about those of us that don't like/want to use Spout?
    Inactive Digiex Minecraft Server Admin

  21. #17
    Resident Nutter InsaneNutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    9,481
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    I'm not a hardcore Minecraft player by any means, however I like your launcher.

    • Its free
    • Works perfectly
    • Downloads the version of Minecraft you want
    • Directly joins the Digiex server
    • Digiex branded (i might be a little biased here )


    I'm sure the option to join the Digiex server has helped random people discover the server too.
    XB1: Launch console - 500gb internal drive
    360: Jasper - 1tb drive - jtag hacked running the 16547 dashboard
    360: Falcon - 500gb drive hacked with hddhackr, not flashed

    Have a question or need help? Post on the forum, thats why it's here. I will only reply to Digiex related issues via PM, not general help requests.
    If I helped you say thanks by signing up for Dropbox with my referral link, we will both get an extra 500mb of space for free.

  22. #18
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere you don't want to go.
    Posts
    100
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    If you decide to carry on with the MCVTool then maybe a good idea is somehow integrate steam with it?

  23. #19

    Default MC Launcher not working

    Hi, hope I'm posting this in the right place, but ever since the last update to the launcher I haven't been able to start minecraft through it. I get to the point where minecraft is about to start up and then I get the error that "Minecraft has run out of memory". My java is fully up to date and I've re-downloaded the launcher several times just in case. I really don't know what else I can do to fix this. Please someone help!

    *edit*On a side note, I never get this error when I start up minecraft without the launcher. Idk if that helps any.
    *edit edit* If I use the launcher I can't even start up regular minecraft without spout, so far I've only tried with 1.7.3, but as soon as I login the game goes straight to a black screen.
    Last edited by leatherneckjr; 08-09-11 at 05:26. Reason: Merged to the proper thread

  24. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nitvit610 View Post
    If you decide to carry on with the MCVTool then maybe a good idea is somehow integrate steam with it?
    There's a way to add it as a non-steam game, and by launching it through Steam, it will load the Steam Overlay system onto Minecraft so you can Shift+Tab for chat as well as F12 for screenshots.
    Inactive Digiex Minecraft Server Admin

  25. #21

    Default

    deleted everything and downloaded MC and the launcher again, working just fine perhaps the texure pack I was using

  26. #22
    Forum Regular Strategia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    In your worst nightmares
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leatherneckjr View Post
    deleted everything and downloaded MC and the launcher again, working just fine perhaps the texure pack I was using
    If it was a higher-res texpack, that's what was causing it. You'd have to use the HD Patcher on any .jar you want to use if you've got a high-res texpack selected, and since the texture layout has been changed on several occasions, this would likely cause errors and/or very weird textures to show up, especially with older .jars.

    Moral of the story: don't use high-res texpacks without the HD patch; don't use the HD patch on .jars (much) older than the current one.

  27. #23

    Default

    I have a problem where when i try to log into a server I get the Bad Login message. I have purchased the game so most likely it is the client. Can't tell though since 1.8 doesn't have working servers yet and I used the client to access 1.7.3. If anyone can help please do.

  28. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Babbitt View Post
    I have a problem where when i try to log into a server I get the Bad Login message. I have purchased the game so most likely it is the client. Can't tell though since 1.8 doesn't have working servers yet and I used the client to access 1.7.3. If anyone can help please do.
    That is because minecraft.net is down.
    If you like this post, please click that "Thanks"-button. Thanks!

  29. #25

    Default Ffffffuuuuu

    So i love to play minecraft, and I play alot duing my TA hour (teachers assistant hour) at school. basically, for that period i literally usually sit there and do nothing, so instead i play minecraft, but since minecraft is blocked, i cant log in in school using their internet, i have to log in at home and bring it to school that way, but sometimes i either forget, or the game will crash, and i wont be able to keep playing cause i cant log back in!
    i know what your saying: "CLICK PLAY OFFLINE!" Well guess what?!
    that button isnt clickeable, and it says "Not Downloaded" where do i download whatever i need to download to get the play offline button to work?!
    thanks in advance
    -Хмель

  30. #26

    Default

    I changed the name of this to 'minecraft' and now it has replaced my official launcher =)

  31. #27

    Default

    Might i suggest the option to Allocate RAM to the java process like Spout Client? Thats the only thing this launcher is missing.

  32. #28

    Default

    I love it, Just a simple request, but can you make it so when it launches it just has the login?
    Maybe as a minimal addition to your launcher? I dont really care for the updates [:

  33. #29

    Default

    I have no plans with the launcher at the moment. I will make a new launcher later on, but for now, I'm not going to do much updates.
    If you like this post, please click that "Thanks"-button. Thanks!

  34. #30

  35. #31
    Ultimate Lifeform Nimrod's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,997
    Blog Entries
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sti123 View Post
    The link is broken
    Please see the post on the homepage Digiex - Latest News

  36. #32

    Smile digiex mclauncher

    could you please send a link to me for the launcher(jar or exe i dont mind) on mediafire or dropbox or somthing

  37. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jessenic View Post
    I have no plans with the launcher at the moment. I will make a new launcher later on, but for now, I'm not going to do much updates.
    ]: ok

  38. #34

    Default

    does anyone have a copy of the exe? if so put up a link

  39. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mattymouse View Post
    does anyone have a copy of the exe? if so put up a link
    http://digiex.net/minecraft/dlfiles/mclauncher.exe
    http://digiex.net/minecraft/dlfiles/mclauncher.jar
    Edit. Oh it's not working, I'll fix the site asap.
    Edit2: Downloads are now working!
    If you like this post, please click that "Thanks"-button. Thanks!

  40. #36

    Default

    Can you remove that mcbans crap, there is so many corrupt servers who use this and it lowers your rep for no reason, why does this launcher use mcbans to prevent you from logging in.

  41. #37
    Ultimate Lifeform Nimrod's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,997
    Blog Entries
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killaz916 View Post
    Can you remove that mcbans crap, there is so many corrupt servers who use this and it lowers your rep for no reason, why does this launcher use mcbans to prevent you from logging in.
    To show support for MCBans and to stop Griefers?
    Its very easy to appeal your ban on McBans and you will win unless the server owner has proof of such actions. Suggest instead of calling it crap, you go appeal.

  42. #38

    Default

    Nimrod, hmm i'm not banned, i don't know why you would assume that. I just don't like mcbans because the owner and members of it supports hackclients on hackforums. I lost all respect for mcbans when i saw that, and now that i am aware that this client uses mcbans was asking for him to remove it, i dont care if he does, but i will not support mcbans in anyway. I have already coded my own replacement. As a sign of gratitude thank you jessenic for making this launcher, but I'm done using it now because of mcbans support. I do not endorse griefing, but i don't endorse a two-faced person to handle how you play minecraft on most servers.

  43. #39
    Ultimate Lifeform Nimrod's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,997
    Blog Entries
    24

    Default

    Out of curiosity, please go into more detail of this issue with I assume Firestar?

  44. #40

    Default

    My main reason is a hackclient maker is on the Staff for mcbans, continues to allow people to cheat using yiffcraft, also that person mostlikely made good money off that client. That is All!

Similar Threads

  1. Digiex Community Minecraft Server
    By Nimrod in forum Gaming Hangout
    Replies: 125
    Last Post: 05-09-11, 12:57
  2. Digiex Minecraft Server VIDEO!!!
    By punkymunky in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-04-11, 14:24
  3. Digiex Minecraft Server
    By Nimrod in forum Gaming Hangout
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 24-10-10, 16:59

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Digiex is a technology and gaming forum, founded in 2004 by InsaneNutter and Nimrod. Digiex has served the internet community with breaking news, detailed guides, exclusive downloads and a popular discussion forum. A small, friendly community of like minded people has developed over the years. People are encouraged to register and participate in on-going discussions.
Join us