1. Welcome to the Digiex Download Center, you are welcome to download anything you like here, no registration is required! We offer direct download links with no captchas or wait times.
    We do our best to ensure no content infringes copyrights, and provide a DMCA Takedown Request Form to request the removal of content from Digiex

[CUSTOM] Generation V Event Distribution ROMs

Discussion in 'User Created Pokemon Event Distributions' started by PurpleOrange, Sep 9, 2022.

1. PurpleOrange

PurpleOrange New Member

About the ROMs:

Here I have a bunch of custom Gen V Distibution ROMs I have personally edited to distribute Generation V event Pokémon. These are mostly the Wi-FI events (which never had a disto ROM) so are otherwise unobtainable.

These distro ROMs are piggybacking European distribution carts so will distribute to all EUR (+US) games with their correct respective language events. The date restrictions have also been removed for convenience.

(There are a lot of other Gen V event Pokémon that we haven't got distribution ROMs for but as I don't personally want any of them I haven't made them, however if anyone has any specific requests for an event mon I'll make them in my spare time.)

As usual you'll need:

- A DS/3DS with a Generation 5 Pokémon game (see which specific one you'll need for each distro)
    - A second DS/3DS and a way of playing the distro ROMs (flashcart, modded DS etc.)

The download includes these events:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (Note: Since this Darkrai was only ever distributed to English language games, I have locked Darkrai's language to always be English. It will still distribute to all EUR games though.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (Note: For some reason when distrubuted the moves are in the wrong order, despite being in the right order in the dristro ROM ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (Note: Since this Genesect was only ever distributed to Japanese language games, I have locked Genesect's language to always be Japanese. It will still distribute to all EUR games though.

Also to note: I have included two versions of this distro.
    Since the generation V games don't have an internal database of all the different language names for Pokémon, the distributed Genesect's name is the same language as the game it's distributed to by default.

The ROM called "JPN Cinema Genesect (Nickname) (BWB2W2)" has been set to distribute the Genesect with its correct Japanese name as its nickname, but it will also set the nickname flag of the Genesect, which although passes legality checks, is not supposed to be set.

The ROM called "JPN Cinema Genesect (Default) (BWB2W2)" does not have this nickname set, I have included this because when sent from Gen V to VI via Poké Transporter all unnicknamed Pokémon will have their name changed to their default language name, i.e. "Genesect" will become "ゲノセクト", and since this is done without the nickname flag being set it will technically be "more legit")

Attached Files:

AlamosIT likes this.
  2. AlamosIT

AlamosIT Backup Master

That is very interesting!
    How do you have edited a V gen distribution rom?

3. PurpleOrange

PurpleOrange New Member

Well I found where the data in the ROM for the previous distribution is and, through a lot of trial and error, manually edited the pkmn and wonder cards using bulbapedia as a source (probably could’ve copied the data from project pokemon but I didn’t think of it at the time).
    It’s actually VERY easy to edit everything you want about the distro as the data isn’t weird like gen iv’s, you can even set things like the event mon’s origin game if you wanted to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

AlamosIT and King Impoleon like this.