Gears of War 3 Announcement Rumored

Discussion in 'News and Article Submission' started by KillerWhiteMan, Dec 10, 2009.

1. KillerWhiteMan

KillerWhiteMan Burnout Racer

[​IMG]

Gears of War 3 Announcement Rumored for VGA 09

Gears of War 3 is believed to currently be in development. These rumors surfaced a few months ago. Some believe that the game may be officially revealed on Spike TV's 2009 Video Game Awards. Spike TV host Geoff Keighley recently sent a tweet to Gears of War director Cliffy B saying: "You ready for the big show on Saturday night? Can't wait to see you!".

The 2009 VGA's still have a few unannounced titles that will be announced at the awards ceremony, and Keighley has been teasing us all saying that the line-up will blow us away. Gears of War 3 would definitely be a great announcement.​

EA games is said to announce a new IP from the North Carolina based developers. Should be an interesting announcement. New IP games have done alright so far when it comes from EA.​

The 2009 Video Game Awards take place on December 12, 2009.​

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

My guess is that it will be released at the end of next year as the major games on the 360 look to have a 2 year development cycle.

Gow 1 - 2006
    Gow 2 - 2008
    Gow 3 - 2010?

Halo 3 - 2007
    Halo 3 - ODST 2009

Cod 4: Mw - 2007
    Mw 2 - 2009

3. Trebor

Trebor Dolphin Fan

Bearing in mind that ODST was supposed to be an expansion pack but expanded greatly (apparently) I'd say a Gears 3 announcement might be on the cards. Bioshock could've also fitted into that theory had it not been delayed till next year (Bioshock August 2007, Bioshock 2 Christmas 2009, probably pushed back to 2010 due to MW2 :P). It could also be an announcement to a sequel or full game to Shadow Complex. Or Cliffy could be some kind of guest speaker? Perhaps Geoff might be just excited to see Cliffy there?

4. xzKinGzxBuRnzx

xzKinGzxBuRnzx Moderator

As long as there is no terrible Match Making process in the game. I'll be more than happy! I hate joining a game and lagging so bad. You can't leave without taking a loss.

5. Slaz

Slaz Roast as you make toast!

I'd love to see GoW3 being announced. Then we can finally see how the story ends and what the true mystery behind the Locusts purpose is. GoW2 has reached it's limits of expension and the multiplayer is draining lower by the day, so it's logical that they'd think twice before putting something like Matchmaking up again.

6. KillerWhiteMan

No GoW 3 announcement was made last night on the VGAs. I'm sure we will see an announcement within the first half of 2010. The top announcements that were made last night were Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II and Batman: Arkham Asylum 2.

7. Trebor

Trebor Dolphin Fan

Well after the reception from critics and the commercial success of Batman:AA I'm not surprised it's getting a sequel. Not that I'm complaining mind ;). And Gears of War 3 being announced is a given, just hope it happens soon :)

8. KillerWhiteMan

I was surpirsed at the Batman announcement. I mean it wasn't announced outright, but from the trailer, one can only assume a sequel is coming since it shows Arkham Asylum being moved to a new location. There were some other good announcements such as the new Prince of Persia, Medal of Honor (now set in modern times), and as I mentioned already, The Force Unleashed II. I was not surprised that Uncharted 2 recieved the GOTY award, but there were so many contenders that came out this year alone: Arkham Asylum, Modern Warfare 2, Borderlands, Assassin's Creed II, Left 4 Dead 2, and many others that I'm sure I am forgetting.

9. P.KID

P.KID Addict

personally every game is following in halo's footsteps... an e.g is jus in front of you. after gow3 there deffo will be gow4 or an expansion.

10. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

Hope the geniouses making Gears of War 3 don't make another "Invite All" button. I removed quite a few people just because it annoyed me so much.

11. KillerWhiteMan

I think Gears 3 has the potential to rival MW2's multiplayer numbers only if they rebuild the matchmaking and multiplayer aspect. It's not like Epic hasn't had the time to fix the issues that have been complained about by gamers. I stopped playing online on Gears 2 just because it took forever to get into a match (if you were lucky enough to get into one), and you could not even quit the match in the middle of it. The only way to get out of the match was to go to the Xbox Dashboard; that was a terrible idea, thanks Epic.

12. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

I'm more then certain GoW 3 won't even compare to MW2's multiplayer numbers, thats a guarantee. MW2 set records, somethat that Gears can't do. Though i'm not saying the sales won't be very high but it can't compete against MW2.

13. KillerWhiteMan

By the time Gears 3 would come out, the amount of people playing MW2 will be down. I wouldn't be surprised if more people played GoW 3 when it first comes out.