Hack a 250gb, 320gb or 500gb Sata harddrive to work in the Xbox 360 and Xbox 360 Slim

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Guides' started by InsaneNutter, Dec 8, 2009.

1. edlimym

edlimym Member

hi there, i have done the following :-
    01) ran hddhackr 1.30 and flashed my WD3200BPVT with hddss320gb.bin - success.
    02) install it to my xbox360 arcade and format it - success.
    03) ran xplorer360 for 320gb hdd version to read hdd - Error message saying 'Could not Find Any Fatx Drive'. Connect my hdd to lappy using transfer usb kit.
    any advice? thanks.

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Did you right click and run Xplorer 360 with admin rights?

3. edlimym

edlimym Member

yes sir, i did that too. also, i ran virtual xp mode inside my already installed win 7 ultimate OS but still can get Xplorer360 to 'see' my new hdd. wierd! by itself if install back to my console, no problems. only thing is that i like to transfer all partition 2 and 3 over. my profiles no problem because i use USB thumbdrive to transfer those contents. i will try again and post. may use a 250 gb .bin instead if everything fails. thanks.

4. Rick

Rick Moderator

format in the xbox 360 so it asks for the s/n of the xbox then connect it to the pc and run xplorer360 w/ admin
    dont use xp mode

5. edlimym

edlimym Member

hi rick, did you successfully tried it? on a 320gb that is.

6. edlimym

edlimym Member

hi all, finally managed to setup my wd320 gb hdd. it was a procedural error on my part. after i got my hdd flashed and formatted via xbox console, i use Xplorer 320 gb ver to see and 'drag drop' my old contents. this corrupted my entire new hdd. my old hdd is 20gb. so, actually i used 3 versions of Xplorer. firstly, Xplorer Extreme ver for Partition 2 backup & restore. Xplorer 20gb ver to extract my old 20 gb hdd partition 3 contents. lastly, Xplorer 320 gb ver to inject partition 3 back to new 320 gb hdd. the last process is very tricky coz i need to drag/drop individual files/folders. if i drag/drop the entire partition 3, it freezes. do not know if anyone got this freezing situation but nevertheless, i got it to work and my previous contents are all transferred. thanks all, esp @InsaneNutter for this tutorial. Cheers!!

7. robide

robide Member

Ok tanks a lot. I've just buy a WD3200BEVT model. I hope it wiil be easy to flash it.

A WD3200BPVTseems to be easier to flash. I'm a little stressed. I hope i didn't make a mistake buying a BEVT.

8. MasterChief

MasterChief Addict

All should flash the same, if you look at the photos in the tutorial you will see its a BEVT that was hacked.

9. robide

robide Member

Ok thx i hope so. If i have a problem i will back.

10. manneo1918

manneo1918 New Member

Anyone has UNDO.BIN for a WD3200BPVT? I used a 320GB WD3200BPVT and hacked it into a 250GB. Now that the 320GB bin is out, I directly hacked it using hddhackr. The process completed successfully, but when I insrted the harddisk, Xbox only detects 199GB free.

I think I have to reset it back to the original WD3200BPVT before hacking into a 320GB, but I deleted my WD3200BPVT UNDO.BIN long ago. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

11. robide

robide Member

Hi, i have uploaded a zip find on the web with a lot of WD undo files. Follow the link :

http://www.mediafire.com/?75pejpp3i6fs1tw

The problem is that there are only WD3200BEVT. I don't know if that can works.

InsaneNutter likes this.
  12. manneo1918

manneo1918 New Member

Thank you for the link. I went ahead and flashed my HDD from an Xbox 250GB to Xbox 320GB again, and noticed that the available space is about 299GB after I formatted the HDD. I'll assume this means a successful flash, and the missing 21GB is being used for system files.

13. LunchBox

LunchBox Member

That's the manufacturer rounding up the actual capacity of the drive, no drive is actually what it's listed as.

Also, 8gb of that missing space is the original xbox emulator if you injected it back on.

14. robide

robide Member

So you used a BEVT undo file and it works?

15. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Good find, i added a link to them in the FAQ on the first page.

16. manneo1918

manneo1918 New Member

I didn't use any undo file. My WD3200BPVT was flashed to a xbox 250GB. It had 199GB free. Then I flashed it to a xbox 320GB. When I checked in xbox, it showed 199GB free, but all my games are not shown. When I pressed Y button to look at more options, it showed 299GB capacity. So I formatted my harddisk in xbox to get back the space. I'm not sure if there is a way to make those missing content show after flashing to 320GB, but I just re-downloaded them since they were just demos.

Bottom line is, it is possible to flash from 250GB to 320GB directly, if you used a WD3200BPVT (and possibly other 320GB hdd too).

17. Rick

Rick Moderator

i think its better to go from hacked to normal hard drive then back to hacked,but if it works from hacked to hacked then i guess your good

18. eidos

eidos New Member

Allright with a WD3200BEKT on a xbox slim!!

19. motorhead7319

motorhead7319 Member

Hi, new here joined the forum because i read over some pages and I have a BB gift card but they dont have the most widely used 320gb hdds or 250s that everyone seems to use and no one replied above to ask if they know for sure that they work. I was interested in purchasing a scorpio black 7200rpm the model number is WDBABD3200ANC-NRSN and would like to order it so i can start using my newly purchased 360 4gb. I would first try out the newest firmware version since it says it supports all wd scorpios but if like some have to use an older build I don't think it would work for the hdd i want to purchase. Any response would be greatly appreciated.

20. Rick

Rick Moderator

only buy the ones listed,unless you want to see if it works. amazon.com sells them for cheap(the listed models)